lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
dlwilson
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default LED headlights are great

I bet a lot of you already know this, but LED headlights are a great upgrade. I got the below headlights from Amazon for $54.95. They have the same connector as the incandescent bulbs that were in there, so it was a five minute job to install them on my 2000 DS.

The result was the difference between a flashlight and a car headlight. I can see a lot better, and the cars can definitely see me. Just wanted to share, no connection to seller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dlwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED headlights are great

I'm interested in swapping out to LED. Was there a particular reason you went with those over other brands? How is the glare to other drivers?
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I switched to LED bulbs as well. The reviews for the ones on Amazon stated they were not bright enough. I did some looking around and found 50w, 898, I think, with projector tips, around 6000k. They are plenty bright and do have good coverage, but I did have to adjust assembly some to point the light down some. Also make sure you check bulb length as not every bulb out there will fit in the headlight assemblies. Overall i am very happy with the outcome and I spent about 30.00 for the pair.
REDSLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm interested in some something a brighter but not blinding to oncoming traffic. Doesn't have to be crazy bright, just equivalent to good car headlight. Any suggestions?
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You could try a 35W LED, it will be less intense, but the big difference is the color. If you don't want bright white you can drop down to like a 3500k, that will be alittle more yellow, closer to halogen bulbs, or something in the middle like a 4500 or 5000. The benefit is less draw on batteries and longer life w/ LED. I prefer the brighter light, increases visibility at night. I stood in front of my cart after adjusting bulbs housing and found that it wouldn't affect oncoming traffic, its just an adjustment to the whole assembly.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSLED View Post
You could try a 35W LED...
Sorry to ask, but could you provide a link to what you're stating so I have an idea what it is. I'm old school and need a little help on this one.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #7
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Sorry to ask, but could you provide a link to what you're stating so I have an idea what it is. I'm old school and need a little help on this one.
I just match up the bulb type from my existing bulbs and researched around and found LED 881 bulbs (there are numerous bulbs with that connection) on ebay (be careful, look for reputable seller). type in search for 896 bulb, they will give you tons of listings for various bulbs, color and such. I have had them for about 2 months and love them. I personally went with 50w / 6000k for that added brightness and went with projector tip on the bulbs since the illuminate differently the standard halogen bulb. I don't normally like to purchase from ebay because there are quality issues, but I feel comfortable with this purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272637923712...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 05-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #8
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you RedSled. I can normally figure stuff out if I get pointed in the right direction first.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
REDSLED
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Thank you RedSled. I can normally figure stuff out if I get pointed in the right direction first.
No problem...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car