lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default 94 CC DS 36 Volt With Controller issue

Working on a 94 CC DS 36 volt that I am guessing has been been retrofit with a an electronic controller?

Was the 36 volt 94 CC originally a resistor cart with multiple solenoids or did they make a 36v with a controller in 94?

Problem is the solenoid is not engaging. I can make the cart run by jumping 36 volts directly to the primary solenoid coil.

One terminal on the primary coil has a black and white wire going to a micro switch on on the F/R switch. Same terminal has a red wire that I think goes to the controller. The other primary coil terminal has a small yellow wire going to the controller.

I am not sure what role the black and white wire to the Mirco switch plays. If I manually make that B/W wire hot, the solenoid closes and cart runs. The other side of the Mirco switch has a green/white wire with power. I do not think the Switch is bad.

Any ideas or suggestions?
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 CC DS 36 Volt With Controller issue

If the F&R has 3 micro switches and the throttle has a V glide the cart is likely factory solid state. You need to fix the solenoid activation circuit. There is one in the V glide too. Make sure the F&R ms closest to the front of cart has (+) power and is working then the Vglide ms (+ power) and working the same... solenoid should be clicking now.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If the F&R has 3 micro switches and the throttle has a V glide the cart is likely factory solid state. You need to fix the solenoid activation circuit. There is one in the V glide too. Make sure the F&R ms closest to the front of cart has (+) power and is working then the Vglide ms (+ power) and working the same... solenoid should be clicking now.
Scotty,

Thank you so much. The switch closest to the front of the cart is the one with the black and white wire that feeds the solenoid. Input to that switch is the green and white wire. I have voltage there, but sometimes it seems to be less that 36 volts.

Anyway, I will try the steps you outlined.. I was just confused because the 1994 service manuals I have do not show or reference a solid state controller and my wire colors are all different from the manual. However, it does have a vglide throttle.

Usually If I have a book or diagram or some way to understand the solenoid activation circuit, I can figure these out.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is factory. The solenoid needs 36v between it's 2 small posts to close and stay latched.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That was the only year they made a 36v Controller cart, here is the diagram:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ire_vglide.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
swm63
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That was the only year they made a 36v Controller cart, here is the diagram:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ire_vglide.jpg

Sergio, I have a 1992 36v that was a factory controller cart, and I believe Mooncarter has a couple also. Frankencarts, but factory.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-how-rare.html
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That solid state diagram without the OBC is simple & sweeet
Old 06-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #8
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It is factory. The solenoid needs 36v between it's 2 small posts to close and stay latched.

Keep us posted.
based on the diagram, can you verify I reading the solenoid activation circuit correctly.

Green wire to key is always hot. Key makes Blue wire hot to a switch inside speed switch. Not sure what the role of that switch is, but it makes the green white hot to limit switch 1.

Not sure of the purpose of limit switch 1, but it makes the black/white wire hot to solenoid, When black/white wire is hot, Solenoid latches passing sending power to controller on yellow wire and black white wire also makes small red wire to controller hot.

Ultimately, all I really need is 36 volts on the black/white wire to close the solenoid?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:21 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
Sergio, I have a 1992 36v that was a factory controller cart, and I believe Mooncarter has a couple also. Frankencarts, but factory.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-how-rare.html
LOL. Here we go again. factory info is sketchy and misleading with these carts. Threw me many a curve. Look at the wiring diagrams for early to mid 90's and compare what you have to that. I think you will find what you have has the same wiring. Sorry I chimed in late here but if I can be of any help please let me know.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Rockford look in the stickies and match the wiring you have to the diagrams there. Then start troubleshooting. Could be anything from a micro switch to a bad solenoid, loose or wrong wiring to a bad controller. If you have what I think you do the B&W is activated from a G&W from the v glide. Check that. Also, and I know some will disagree, but for now take the diode completely OFF the solenoid until you get this thing running.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car