lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: overriding run/tow switch

I have been recommending such measures to several courses over the years and not been listened to. I am just making an attempt to lower my workload on the carts so I can get on with my real job!. Sorry for blowing off on one but genuine suggestion. Will be looked into if I have not already tried them. We have had 5 carts stolen this year too. Never to be seen again. Remember also I am in the UK and even the police have agreed we can't stop these lowlifes! Soon you will see the same happening over the pond cos it looks like the immigrants are infiltrating the states now. It's not the general public causing the problems, it's immigrants and travelers!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Sergio, I did not see your post before I went slightly ballistic lol. Latching relay sounds a possibility. Will look into that one.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #13
crash test dummy

i put a 2 prong barrel key switch on before

i believe i got it off ebay
Key Switch Rating: 250V/1A or 125V/2A
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEY-Switch-O...-/261972760095

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express.../dp/B001TR5BSE
Old 09-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok. I am taking all the suggestions on board, and will discuss with the managers at the course. I have however done the link direct to the green run wire from 48v positive on one test cart and plan to put it in the hands of a suspected culprit out on the course. If we find it dumped rather than returned we will have succeeded in identifying one offender to ban and also prove that this time we may have outsmarted these guys. If word gets around and it stops most of this issue, then I will be happy to wait and see how long it takes them to figure it out. If all goes well, I will probably do the hidden and dummy switch. Sorry to rant earlier but hey. Got there in the end. I am sure my modification will not harm the controller and I wanted to have a solution before the fleet gets replaced in March. Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming. The more stealth the better. May not go with club car next time though. But that is not for me to decide.

Crash test dummy, I had already sourced and purchased some key switches but as in my original post, struggled to find a suitable hiding place on the precedent. But again. Thanks for the suggestion. Off to bed now as here in good old blighty, it's half past wine time lol
Old 09-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #15
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Ok. I am taking all the suggestions on board, and will discuss with the managers at the course. I have however done the link direct to the green run wire from 48v positive on one test cart and plan to put it in the hands of a suspected culprit out on the course. If we find it dumped rather than returned we will have succeeded in identifying one offender to ban and also prove that this time we may have outsmarted these guys. If word gets around and it stops most of this issue, then I will be happy to wait and see how long it takes them to figure it out. If all goes well, I will probably do the hidden and dummy switch. Sorry to rant earlier but hey. Got there in the end. I am sure my modification will not harm the controller and I wanted to have a solution before the fleet gets replaced in March. Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming. The more stealth the better. May not go with club car next time though. But that is not for me to decide.

Crash test dummy, I had already sourced and purchased some key switches but as in my original post, struggled to find a suitable hiding place on the precedent. But again. Thanks for the suggestion. Off to bed now as here in good old blighty, it's half past wine time lol
So now you have defeated the Tow-Mode, ??
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
That would be my concern as well, some person not familiar with it could try to tow the cart after properly putting it on Tow and burn the Motor and/or Controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes and no, Yes i have with a live feed to the controller, and for now it can be accessed in the battery area. it has a pull connector that looks like it is part of the main loom. If we see a difference in the amount of damage, i may then replace this feed with a keyswitch as suggested and was my original thought anyway. Just need to find a suitable place to locate it

Quote:
some person not familiar with it could try to tow the cart
Yes they could! but hopefully any towing would only be done by myself or one of the Pro shop staff. No different to the current situation. It is only these people and myself that do any towing, as others probably would not know about the standard tow/run switch so it "could" happen anyway.

Most times a cart is hired for the wrong reason, it never comes back to the cart barn anyway. we usually have to go find it and recover it ourselves. It seems these lowlifes can afford to lose a deposit for a few hours fun.

Now, come on lets see some positive vibes here but i do appreciate seeing the negatives, dont think i have not thought hard about this and it has all been discussed with the management.

I have a meeting with the course managers this morning and hope to get them to realise a long term solution to this. For example, a credit card on file as deposit (something i have tried to get them to do already) A dedicated person to operate the hire system not just handing a key over the shop counter with payment and cash deposit to the hirer, and a check in system on return. At the moment, Most pay and play courses in the UK have no real system for security of the carts as the Profit on the hire is better than the green fees. So much so that i have a large monthly budget for repairs to the carts.
I will be back later to update the results of the meeting with the management.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:22 AM   #18
crash test dummy

i will send you my secret weapon just have him back by Christmas

Old 09-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #19
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Lol. Funnily enough, my manager has offered to sit out with his hunting rifle but for some reason upper management did not like that idea. Our main problem is that we have 3 Gypsy sites around this course and we know our stolen carts are there somewhere but the police won't go in there and sort it! I think maybe napalm could be the answer. Just can't get it in the local diy store.
Just waiting now to get the go ahead to do this mod on all thirty carts. Funny thing is, a few years ago I ran my own fleet of Ezgo txt carts for hire at Brands Hatch motor racing circuit and never had any problems. I checked them out, checked them in and took card details as deposit. Funny that?
Old 09-29-2017, 01:44 AM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I don't know what Brands Hatch Motor Racing is, but I am a golfer and a racer. The problem on the course, if it is anything like this side of the pond, is a minority of the people on the course who are not real golfers. They want to ride around, drink, hit golf balls all over the place and tear up the course. They can go on youtube and figure out how to easily make gas carts run faster etc. I'm sure you are dealing with the same type of people.

Racers on the other hand have much more respect for equipment, especially if it is not theirs to abuse. They don't need any sort of thrill out of a golf cart.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car