lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Club Car Villager will not move

Hello I have a 2006 Club Car Villager that I decided to change the dashboard to one with locking glove-boxes. I pulled it in cut holes for key, F/R switch and lights. Put everything back the same way and now it will not move forward or reverse. The lights come on. I hear the key click and the reverse sound comes on but nothing. I used a multi meter and checked the key with it on and off and got the correct reading. Is there something I am missing ?
pduc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v Club Car Villager will not move

I bypassed the OBC. I bypassed the solenoid and the F/R switch with the wheels off the ground check the small fuse box with 3 fuses. They are good wires are clean and the charger comes on. It is now fully charged. There is power to the motor. It does have a Curtis controller in it not sure how to bypass that. And I do hear the solenoid click but like I said I bypassed it with nothing. Any help please
Old 09-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

When you jumped across the solenoid did it move?

I am not familiar with your Villager but does it have a Main fuse in line before the controller - If so, check and see if you blew it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
When you jumped across the solenoid did it move?

I am not familiar with your Villager but does it have a Main fuse in line before the controller - If so, check and see if you blew it.
Thank you for your response. So I can't seem to find the fuse and every wire diagram is different. Also the orange battery light has not come on. Not even while charging. I remember it was always on with Key turned to power.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

But did it move when you jumped across the solenoid? At least that will rule some thing out.... (Have to start somewhere)

If you want test the motor do this Continuity Test first. Place the Run/Tow switch in "Tow", (If you have one) then disconnect the pack and then all the cables from the motor. (Be sure to double wrench every motor post/stud when breaking them lose or you may break them off. Spray them down with penetrating oil prior to doing it). If you have a Series motor it will have S1/S2 in place of F1/F2.

Get out your DVM and set it to the Continuity setting and:
- Test between A1 and A2 (Beep)
- Test between F1 and F2 (Beep)
- Test between A1 and F1 (No Beep)
- Test between A1 to Motor Case (No Beep)
- Test between F1 to Motor Case (No Beep)

Now flip your meter to Ohms/Resistance and:
- Test between F1 and F2 and you should get 0.8 to 1.2 Ohms (Sepex only)

If all those are correct as stated above then you can test the motor:
Jack the cart up at the rear and connect a jumper from A1 to F1 and then a jumper from A2 to F2. Connect 12 volts (+) to A1/F1 and 12 volts (-) to A2/F2. (You can swap F1 and F2 jumpers to change motor rotation) You may want to have a disconnect switch in-line with the power supply as some do and some do not....

And remember that you are only "testing" the motor so you don't want or need to engage it very long.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

So would this maybe cause the problem?
LED Light: In addition to the warning light, there is an infrared LED in the dash light assembly, which transmits an
infrared signal from the onboard computer (OBC). This signal is received by the optional Communication Display
Module, which provides information on the condition of the vehicle and batteries.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is used by tech's for receiving information with the hand-held scanner. They just hold it up to the amber light.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

So I ordered a new solenoid and that did not solve my problem. I figured out that this is a 2010 Club car villager but serial comes up as club car transporter. now on the pdf it shows a purple wire going to the key switch mine is not connected but I can seem to find where it goes? on the pdf its page 242
103472605 0508J0112H.book
https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...llager-6-8.pdf
Old 10-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

According to the schematic it goes to pin 20 and is identified as "Mode Switch"
Old 10-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #10
pduc13
Not Yet Wild

thanks for a fast response ... I see it goes to pin 20 but how and where on the key switch does it connect? it does have a O ring connector. Also found a green and white wire that has a male connector on it that was left loose. Anything helps

Tags
club car villager 2006
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car