lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pre-Charge Resistor

No - the SR controller is protecting itself. Get the pre-charge resistor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #12
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No - the SR controller is protecting itself. Get the pre-charge resistor
I ordered three last night. I'm going to double Check all my wiring to the solenoid today. Hopefully the resistor solves the issue. Because the cart works on a full charge and I don't stop it. So that makes me believe that my wiring and micro switches are good.
Ms506s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless the resistor is physically broken, there is not much that goes wrong with them.

You can just disconnect one of the sides of the resistor and measure the resistance of the resistor.

The "Pre-Charge" failure can also be an indication you have a load on the B+ side of the Solenoid (like having your +48v logic wire on the wrong solenoid post) or a bad motor.

I would not run the cart without the resistor as it is hard on the Solenoid contacts and on the Controller filter capacitors.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #14
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Unless the resistor is physically broken, there is not much that goes wrong with them.

You can just disconnect one of the sides of the resistor and measure the resistance of the resistor.

The "Pre-Charge" failure can also be an indication you have a load on the B+ side of the Solenoid (like having your +48v logic wire on the wrong solenoid post) or a bad motor.

I would not run the cart without the resistor as it is hard on the Solenoid contacts and on the Controller filter capacitors.
So if I have a load on the B+ side of solenoid what can I do about that?
Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you post some pictures of Your install showing the Controller, Solenoid and FNR switch connections?
Old 10-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #16
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Can you post some pictures of Your install showing the Controller, Solenoid and FNR switch connections?
Yeah, I'm going to take the back seat off now so I can get in there - CC's have a terrible access to everything being in the way back. Let me get that over now.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #17
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here we go

Anything you see?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5307.jpg (122.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5315.jpg (160.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5316.jpg (144.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5317.jpg (150.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5319.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #18
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Of course I just went to Turn cart on and it's working. It's a tight fit in there I moved the resistor up higher in case it was touching the large posts or another wire. I don't want to take it for a test ride yet Bc it's tough pushing it home in Florida heat. Let me know if you see anhtbinf in the pictures.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would say the issue is the OBC inconsistently providing the negative side of the Solenoid coil, here is the reason:

The Controller RED - KSI activation red wire comes from the Solenoid small post that has the white/black stripe limit switch wire.

Since the Controller only blinks a code when it gets +48v on the KSI wire, we can assume the Solenoid is also getting +48v.

You mentioned on another thread the Solenoid does not click when the cart is in failure mode, so the most likely culprit is the OBC.

It does help keeping all of the information on a single thread.

Disconnect the Yellow wire from the Solenoid small post and tape it as it will not be used.

Run a new 16ga or 18ga wire from the Solenoid small post where the yellow wire was connected to Controller BLK - SOL - terminal.

That 200amp solenoid is undersized for your Controller, specially if you do a lot of high-torque driving.

There is also a lot of green corrosion on the wires stacked on the battery side of the Solenoid big post, make sure those connections are clean and tight.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #20
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

So hook from solenoid to controller? Is that or can it do any damage?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car