lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
jwortsman@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Old Style DS Hubs and A-Arm Lift Kit

I have a '98 DS that had an old spindle lift that I recently decided to replace. I purchased a Madjax 6" A-Arm lift to replace it with. I got the entire thing done and went to put the wheel hubs back on and they won't fit. The bearing will not go on the spindle (clears the threads, but no further). I have the metal dust caps and the bearing is part LL11949, so I ordered the kit was for a ds with steel dust covers and box was labeled as such. Is there some chance the box was mislabeled and I need the new DS Hubs (think the bearing inside diameter is slightly larger)? I'd rather buy the hubs than take everything back apart.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
jwortsman@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Old Style DS Hubs and A-Arm Lift Kit

I would call them up and let them correct it for me. The metric hubs (black caps) are not the way to go out your own pocket. I would assume they will correct it and make you whole so you do not have to spend any more money....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
jwortsman@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Since it's the weekend and no one is open, I'm left to tinker and question. So, I read that the spindle flange lock nut on the 2003+ DS is a M14x2, so I went to Home Depot and bought an M14x2 nut just to see. It's WAYYY too small for the spindle on the MadJax lift kit, so maybe I did in fact get the correct lift kit, but there's no way the bearings are going on that spindle.... any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you take a dial caliper and measure the spindle diameter, and then the inner race of the bearings, what do you get on both? If they are within a couple of thousandths you can freeze the spindle with CO2 or heat the bearing with a bearing heater. (not a torch or oven! )

Only other thing is replace the spindles.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
jwortsman@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, here's what I did... First of all, I'm and idiot, b/c I got stuck on one side and didn't move to the other. I checked the passenger spindle and all is well. On the driver side, the bearing would clear the threads, but no further. I took some 400 grit sandpaper and worked on it for a few minutes checking as I went. There must have been a "lip" after the threads that it wouldn't clear. I've now ensured that the bearing will fit, but have to replace the bearing and seal I damaged during initial installation.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Lol! Well at least you have it going your way now....
Old 05-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pm’d You
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car