lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
ticklem
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Ezgo Rxv rear end noise

Ok i got a 2012 ezgo rxv and it has a grinding noise in the rear end. Thought maybe it was axle bearings but it sounds like it's coming from the differential after I drained the differential and opened it up. May be ball bearings in the diff not sure how hard those are to change out. All the flywheels in the diff look like they are in good shape.and it spins freely. Here is a you tube video of the noise. Trying to debate trying to change bearings in diff while I have it open of just put new fluild in a hope noise gets quiter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duaR_RpZXxA
ticklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
ticklem
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 Ezgo Rxv rear end noise

So after taking things apart it sounds like its coming from the top of the Diff or the motor I cannot tell which. Cart operates perfectly fine minus the grinding noise. Its still fast no speed loss just the annoying grinding sound. I;m still assuming input shaft bearings but hate to rip all that apart and it be something in the motor.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

May be the input shaft/bearings, they take a beating. I went to my local bearing supplier and got all new bearings for the whole rear end and swapped them all out, was about $160 for them. The rear end is really easy to take apart, I had never done any sort of rear end work before but as a novice its not complicated. Look for the service manual for it in the search feature and that may help. CGTech on here is also very knowledgeable about these rear ends and was very helpful to me when I was working on mine. I doubt its your motor from the sound of it...
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
ticklem
Not Yet Wild

Found the problem it was the bearing in the actual motor its a very large bearing that hold the motor in the motor casing butts up where the brake motor attaches. Had to pull break motor off and break the motor all the way down to remove it but just glad I found the problem and it should be a cheap $10 fix. Bearing is a 6206DU.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
gabbyjda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ticklem I have the same problem. Is that the only bearing in the motor? Do you have a link to the one you purchased? Tips for removing the motor and engine break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklem View Post
Found the problem it was the bearing in the actual motor its a very large bearing that hold the motor in the motor casing butts up where the brake motor attaches. Had to pull break motor off and break the motor all the way down to remove it but just glad I found the problem and it should be a cheap $10 fix. Bearing is a 6206DU.
gabbyjda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
gabbyjda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklem View Post
ticklem I have the same problem. Is that the only bearing in the motor? Do you have a link to the one you purchased? Tips for removing the motor and engine break?
gabbyjda is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO