lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax vs Curtis with speed code

I have two carts with Alltrax controllers one series and one sepex so I understand the benefits of Alltrax high amp controllers they are really nice especially the sepex.

My question is in use, we have a rental and just picked up a 2016 2 seat stock tire Precedent we are going to put there for renters. This cart will be used in a golf course community (The Villages) for golfing and road use, it doesn't have to do anything great other than keep up with traffic 21-22MPH and work on a golf course. I was wondering if just putting speed code 4, 5? would get me the speed I need without doing anything else? Reliability is the prime concern.
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax vs Curtis with speed code

If You want 21-22mph with stock tires an Alltrax Controller is the only option other than replacing the motor.

The speed code 4 is limited to 19mph and speed 5 is an old device that does not work on the new controllers.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #3
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

If you just replace the motor do you have to do anything to the Curtis controller to get better speed? In other words does using a Plum Quick motor negate the need for a speed code change?
Old 02-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The PlumQuick Bandit PH would not need a new speed code other than the Speed code 3, but You are better calling them directly to make sure it is compatible with the ERIC Controller in your 2016 Precedent.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some factors to consider is the added seat (100 #s) and 2 more passengers (up to 400#s) and bigger tires. All those factors will require any motor to consume more amperage than the stock controller was designed to allow for 2 people to play gold on 18 inch tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

I talked with Plum Quick and all things considered the easy solution is just to go with their motor and leave my controller alone. I may upgrade battery cables bud did not want to change controllers on this cart. From what PQ told me the speed code change is not necessary which save $100 or so which can be applied to motor change cost.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep us posted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car