lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
2000HDrkc
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas DC to AC Conversion

2012 TXT 6 passenger - bought used last year with known bad batteries (great price).

* Cart has stock Curtis Controller and Motor (SepEx)
* 24” tires
* Installed 8 new Interstate 2400UT 6-volt batteries
* Upgraded all battery cables to 2 gauge soft copper with crimped lugs
* GC ran fine until two weeks ago, motor gave all she had!

So, I bite the bullet and ordered the Navitas DC to AC kit. Please do not tell wifey it is not stock replacement..... of course upgraded solenoid was sold separately.

Before I disconnected the old solenoid, I “thought” I took a picture for reference. The solenoid arrived today, no picture in my phone, crap.

Would anyone know if the upgraded solenoid is wired the same as the old one? I found what I believe to be the correct TXT diagram on-Line, but thought best to ask - as I only have one year experience with GC’s.

The controller/motor are scheduled for delivery next week, I will provide an update on conversion and performance after I get it installed.

Thanks all.
2000HDrkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas DC to AC Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000HDrkc View Post
2012 TXT 6 passenger - bought used last year with known bad batteries (great price).

* 24” tires

So, I bite the bullet and ordered the Navitas DC to AC kit. Please do not tell wifey it is not stock replacement..... of course upgraded solenoid was sold separately.

Before I disconnected the old solenoid, I “thought” I took a picture for reference. The solenoid arrived today, no picture in my phone, crap.

Would anyone know if the upgraded solenoid is wired the same as the old one? I found what I believe to be the correct TXT diagram on-Line, but thought best to ask - as I only have one year experience with GC’s.

The controller/motor are scheduled for delivery next week, I will provide an update on conversion and performance after I get it installed.

Thanks all.
You likely could have purchased an AC controller and AC motor for a later model Express L6, or even a TXT S4, from E-Z-GO. They were designed specifically for that application and performance would be so much better. Integrating an aftermarket AC motor and AC controller may prove to be problematic. I don't have a lot of faith in the brand you chose. They tend to "creatively" calculate their AC controller power ratings. It's sad when a performance tuned stock 235 Amp Curtis AC controller for an RXV, still limited to 235 Amps, can outperform a "600 Amp" Navitas AC controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000HDrkc View Post

* 24” tires

Thanks all.
Did you try the instructions at the link below from Navitas Website

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/86af4...1c75cf808a.pdf
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

How’s the Navitas Ac conversion cart holding up?

How’s the torque with 24”tires and stretched cart with the dial at max torque?
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO