lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default The final mod, for now

Going to be working on my final mod this weekend on my 94DS series solid state.
To this point I have upgraded to heavy duty solenoid and alltrax SR controller, this weekend I am installing the SW202 reversing contactor and going from 36V to 48V. Just to make sure I have this right, I will be upgrading the resistor on the solenoid to support 48V, installing batteries and contactor.
Lester II charger is still on auto voltage so that should be good to go, anything else need to be changed? Altrax settings etc.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: The final mod, for now

That all sounds great just be sure if you have not already you go ahead and get you a set of 2g cables made up and on that new machine.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
fishbones
Getting Wild

Thanks Nole, 2G was part of my upgrade kit from scotty so I am good there.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Let us know how it does. Is your cart lifted/bigger tires? Curious the speed increase from 36 to 48v. I am in process of changing a 36v resistor cart to alltrax controller and 48v, lifted on 22s. I didn't run it before as it was just a rolling chassis when I got it. Which sr controller did you go with?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Let us know how it does. Is your cart lifted/bigger tires? Curious the speed increase from 36 to 48v. I am in process of changing a 36v resistor cart to alltrax controller and 48v, lifted on 22s. I didn't run it before as it was just a rolling chassis when I got it. Which sr controller did you go with?
Will do, wiring it up now.

Kart is lifted, 4" jakes AAarm, 20" tires, 2 gauge wires, Altrax SR48500 controller, HD solenoid. Added a rear hitch, front brush guard, and rear cargo box, headlights, camo wrap, re-appolster seats, HD rear springs, chopped roof so I can drop it down to put in my enclosed trailer.
Today I am going to 48V bat pack, 48v resistor, 48v reversing contactor.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Awesome. Keep us updated, really curious. I also putting the 48500 controller. Looking forward to cruising it! I just need to finish the wiring on mine and add batteries.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
fishbones
Getting Wild

So on stock motor with torque setting I am getting 11mph, on speed about 14. Upgrading motor to D&D high torque and will report back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car