lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 CC DS resistor cart keeps burning up V-glide switches

Are you using OEM V-Glides? They're far more durable than the aftermarket ones.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #12
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Nivel: 5726

Do you think it’s a matter of quality of parts? This is the literally the 3rd V glide its had and every one seemed to burn up just about in the exact same spot. The f&r switch is still original and I haven’t touched the motor. I didn’t do the adjustment like Sergio suggested; I only did the pedal to swiper arm adjustment to make sure it was all the way at the bottom. I’m curious as to if there’s some sort of short in the motor causing excess heat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
Nivel: 5726

Do you think it’s a matter of quality of parts? This is the literally the 3rd V glide its had and every one seemed to burn up just about in the exact same spot. The f&r switch is still original and I haven’t touched the motor. I didn’t do the adjustment like Sergio suggested; I only did the pedal to swiper arm adjustment to make sure it was all the way at the bottom. I’m curious as to if there’s some sort of short in the motor causing excess heat..

Yes it's absolutely a quality of parts issue. The ones from Nivel are crap. Back in the Club Car dealer days I used to have walk in customers constantly complaining of them melting down in no time. They didn't wanna spend the money on OEM when they could "buy them online for cheaper". They finally decided to and I never saw them again for the same issue. I've got a good used one that came out of a 48 Volt car. Call me tomorrow and we'll work something out. It's essentially the same unit, but the 48 volt one has resistors mounted to the back of it. If you take them off it's exactly the same as the 36V one like you keep melting. It's an OEM unit. It was only replaced because the resistors had failed and we updated that car to an MCOR4.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #14
twilliams81
Gone Wild

10-4 I’ll call you tomorrow

twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car