lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Got a Precedent ! (with a funky charger)

Got the wifey a precedent , 2014 (came from Pete Dye golf course according to the ugly sticker on the hood )…..anyway , when he handed me the charger I thought it was a joke cause it looked like it was just a heat sink , but a quick visual confirmed it was Club Car so I thought "nice....small and quiet" ...complete opposite of my old green buzz box , and it has a name ! ERIC !

Eric is small and VERY quiet but im not sure he knows when to quit working , the bottom battery is solid green but the top half has been flashing for a while , is there a certain voltage it needs to reach ?
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Got a Precedent ! (with a funky charger)

This should help, bottom solid and top flashing is more than 80% charged already.

There is not a preset voltage to stop as it is a smart charger that analyses the voltage/current until the batteries are charged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ERIC_Status_Lights.jpg (286.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Sergio; 08-21-2019 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Added charger reset instructions
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

nice …the batteries are mismatched but all check ok ….but they were cooking pretty good and I wasn't sure if I should leave it plugged up much longer...
Old 08-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What brands and models are all of the batteries?
Mismatched batteries will not behave properly with the ERIC charger. The newer smart chargers use a different profile for different brands of batteries. They all chare just a little bit differently, and Using the wrong charge profile can over or undercharge a battery, and cause early failure. Kinda sounds like it's doing an initial charge evaluation of the pack. Let it do it's thing and it should finish up pretty soon if the top green light was blinking.

Keep an eye on how the pack charges for the next few cycles. If the batteries continue to boil every time you charge them, you'll need to invest in a new pack of matched batteries, and upload the proper battery profile so the ERIC will charge them correctly.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

4 of them are PD and say club car ...2 are from Rural King.....but they all show the same voltage...I told her we need to get a set most likely but she just rode the heck out of it and doesn't believe my battery pitch ...
Old 08-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

AND , she now is complaining that it wont roll downhill like our old one , motor holding it back …."unhook it " I was told ….can I ?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:02 PM   #7
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Charger finally shut off , just took longer than I thought I guess...the 4 old batteries all read 9.3 ...the 2 new Rural Kings read 9.1....Ill let it sit overnite and check again. it may even out over the next few charges....

EDIT:... charger stopped flashing showing finished so I just left it plugged in ….went back after a while to make sure charger had cooled down but it was still warm , and I could still hear the batteries so I unplugged it and voltage dropped....I guess it was still on ?....now at 9.0 and 8.9....
Old 08-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
AND , she now is complaining that it wont roll downhill like our old one , motor holding it back …."unhook it " I was told ….can I ?
On the excel carts I think the only thing you can do is have a dealer or cart shop with a scanner turn down the regen braking. I don’t think it can be completely turned off.
I actually quite like the regen braking. People stare in some sort of amazement when I hop off a rolling cart and it stops itself.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 AM   #9
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes.. You need a scanner with oem level access (over 500 bucks if you want one) to change the pedal up parameter regen brake settings..There are 3 settings...0=off..1=mild...2=aggressive....Even when set to off, going downhill the cart will not go faster than the speed setting of the controller...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #10
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

My closest dealer is 2 and a half hours away....Road Trip !!!....i think he told me a 96 bucks to buy a code and hook it up to the scanner....so ima do that next week maybe....
Charger not turning off is my main problem at the moment....

But I've already done my first mod to it....jamed a foam earplug in that silly back up buzzer....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car