lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: No Reverse

If it has the pie shaped box it will be under the seat nearest driver's side.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #12
Rubihahn
Not Yet Wild

I have the pictures as attachments.
Rubihahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
Rubihahn
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm I don't see any attachments... There was no Pie Shaped box under the seat. Just a black box near the Pedal under the cart.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #14
Rubihahn
Not Yet Wild

Trying again
Old 09-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #15
Rubihahn
Not Yet Wild

Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
biphase
Gone Wild

If the cart runs OK in forward, then your motor, solenoid, controller and throttle are good.

The problem is most likely the F/R switch. Since you said you thought you saw smoke, I suspect that you will find one of the large contacts on the F/R is burned.

Another possibility is that someone has mis-wired the F/R switch.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #17
Rubihahn
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for that. I'm feeling more confident it's a smaller issue. I did speak to a Club Car Dealer and he also thinks it's in the switch. First step will be to replace the three micro switches. He said that yes they may be making contact but not be able to carry the current. Hence the slight smoke. The switch it self showed no visible heat damage but will not rule it out. Is there a schematic on the switch wiring? The one cable that goes to the rotating part was poorly replaced and I added a better cable. Just not sure it was in the right spot to begin with.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can see the problem in the last picture. The big lug on the small terminal ia blued from the heat of melting the terminal. Want to test it without a meter? Simply swap the 2 cables on the center pivoting part. If the problem reverses direction then the one side is burnt. Get a HD switch
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #19
biphase
Gone Wild

I would disagree with your Club Car dealer. The micro switches are all low current carrying devices. One of them disables the solenoid when the cart is in neutral while enabling the solenoid in forward or reverse. You do get a solenoid click in both forward and reverse so that switch is clearly OK.

Another micro-switch operates the back-up buzzer when you go to reverse. Do you hear the buzzer in reverse? Even if the buzzer is disabled, that switch cannot prevent the cart from working in reverse.

The third micro-switch modifies the throttle connection to the controller so that the cart will only run half-speed in reverse. Yes, it is possible that a problem with that switch or its associated wiring might result in the cart not running in reverse but the switch carries only milliamps and is not capable of causing the F/R to get very hot or to generate smoke.

I would suggest that you pull back the whole switch from the cart body so that you can inspect the contacts on the other side. Also be sure that the stationary horizontal metal straps on the back of the switch each have one and only one cable attached to them (one blue and one white). The rotating contacts will have a blue and an orange wire connected. Be sure the the blue wires are not reversed. The blue wire on the rotating contact should go to S2 on the motor. The blue wire on the stationary strap should go to M- on the controller.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #20
biphase
Gone Wild

It appears that you replaced the blue wire on the rotating part with a white wire is that correct? That wire should go to S2 on the motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car