lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 2002 TXT PDS 36V, Slow Motion

Hello,

I have 2002 EZGO TXT 36V with PDS drive. The cart was flooded a while back (apparently). I replaced the controller, Solenoid, new batteries, some wiring. The cart runs just fine sometimes, but other times, it just goes very slowly. I did perform a reed switch bypass to make sure that was not the problem.

When the error occurs, it is sometimes fixed by letting off of the pedal, switching to neutral and back to forward, and then pressing the pedal. Then it may happen again if I let off of the pedal and press it back down.

The cart goes full speed in reverse with no issues....

Also, of note: The F1 and F2 wires are switched regarding color (aka one that should be black is white and vice versa. I did confirm that F1 on the motor is connected to F1 on the controller and F2 as well. I guess this is just a misprint in the wiring diagram? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I wonder if the speed sensor is messed up? I also replaced the micro-switch in the throttle box.

Last edited by Croqezgo; 10-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Added TXT to title and body.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS 36V, Slow Motion

Which speed controller are you asking about?
The Alltrax XCT controller LED will indicate whether a full range throttle signal is being received by changing from green to orange at full throttle.
The free software for this controller allows you to turn off the RPM limit function which basically eliminates the the speed sensor from the mix. Deselecting limit rpm allows you to determine if the speed sensor is a problem or not.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2002 PDS 36V, Slow Motion

I just replaced the old controller with another stock controller. This is a 2002 TXT. There are no LEDs on the controller that I see. 1206MX controller.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2002 TXT PDS 36V, Slow Motion

Does the reverse buzzer work in reverse ? If so does it start beeping when this happens ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #5
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The reverse buzzer does not work. I believe it is not functional. I thought about replacing it but was not sure how to get to it as it is behind the forward/reverse switch and battery meter. I guess I could drill out those rivets and then replace with some kind of screws?
Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The rivets are push rivets. Replacements are readily available. Drive the center pin through with a nail, etc
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Scotty. Any idea what could be causing the speed to be slow in forward?
Old 10-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croqezgo View Post
Thanks Scotty. Any idea what could be causing the speed to be slow in forward?
Thats why we need the reverse buzzer working, so the controller can tell you what its idea of the reason for slow operation is. It can "beep an error code" for what it thinks is wrong.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #9
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I ordered a buzzer, it will be here tomorrow night... We can then see if it beeps. Is there a special way to make it beep or will it just do it when I try to drive it?
Old 10-07-2019, 11:24 PM   #10
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You will turn the Run/tow switch to run... you will turn the ignition switch to off... then you will turn the forward/reverse switch from neutral to reverse and back 5 times... then listen to the beep pattern
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO