lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
budge72
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I buy a 2016 Textron (BBB) Ambush IS?

Hi. I'm currently looking at a used 2016 Textron Ambush IS with low miles. I like the idea of having gas and electric, and the flexibility of having a cargo bed or 2 extra seats. But the biggest draw for me is the price, which is easily $4k less than other SxSs that I'm looking at. The place where I hunt is only 80 acres and pretty flat, but the trails are pretty bumpy. There's a lot of clay, so the mud is super slick when it rains.

Since this particular buggy is almost 4 years old, I realize the batteries will need to be replaced soon. I would definitely consider doing a lithium upgrade.

Unfortunately, I've read so many negative reviews on the Ambush that I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger. I'm worried that I might save $4k on the purchase and end up spending that much in batteries and repairs.

Any thoughts?
budge72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Should I buy a 2016 Textron (BBB) Ambush IS?

Any piece of equipment will eventually fail, so having a local shop that can fix it would be to your advantage.,..these are not simple little golf carts
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
budge72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Any piece of equipment will eventually fail, so having a local shop that can fix it would be to your advantage.,..these are not simple little golf carts
That's for sure. But would you recommend one over a standard gas powered SxS by Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc? Or an EV like the Polaris or Hisun? Or even a Textron Prowler EV?
budge72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

All I know of Bad Boy Buggies (assuming you meant that by the acronym BBB) is they're aptly named...they're bad alright. Expensive parts, no service data because the company is full of morons who protect it to FBI style levels, and they keep changing the darned things too often.

On a side note, are they related in any way to Bad Boy Mowers? there's a company near here that sells zero turns with that name. I've assumed they're owned by the same people who own Bad Boy Buggies and never recommend them to anyone based on that, given the high failure rate of the carts.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO