lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2019, 12:08 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller - no status light

Yes, the yellow wire I see with the pedal blue wire on the solenoid should go to the controller F1 red. This will power up the controller when the solenoid just clicks. Keep us posted
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #12
wuntunearlybko
Not Yet Wild

That yellow wire is sending power to the FNR switch from the solenoid. I wired a jumper to connect the solenoid + to J1 red.

Should i be getting some sort of status light though?
wuntunearlybko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuntunearlybko View Post
That yellow wire is sending power to the FNR switch from the solenoid. I wired a jumper to connect the solenoid + to J1 red.

Should i be getting some sort of status light though?
On the small + post there should be 3 wires.
Blue from the pedal harness.
By installer a wire to Controller J1 red and a wire to the F&R center pin.

Wired this way the solenoid should click when the pedal is depressed and the controller LED should also light up.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #14
wuntunearlybko
Not Yet Wild

ah ok, yes i now have 3 wires coming off of small post +. Now with a wire connecting the solenoid to the J1 red connector, how do i wire in the FN1 controller? spice it in?

I just confirmed that with the key on and pedal depressed i am getting a status light. it blinks 3 times first and then stays steadily light green. is this expected normal?

thank so much for all the help! sorry for the silly questions, i just dont want to burn up the controller or damage any parts

jason
Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stop now and read the operators manual. IT has valuable information like Blink code identification for the status light.
3 grn blinks and then solid green means I have pre-programmed the throttle to match the pedal and the controller is receiving a good signal.
There is an installation sheet with the FN device which should be included and the controller should be pre programmed for the FN device - as marked by the programmer on the underside.
Take time now to read the FN installation instruction.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I hope you have the rear wheels off the ground for all of this testing. If the throttle setting is wrong when the controller finally gets power it will drive through your garage door or wall.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #17
wuntunearlybko
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Stop now and read the operators manual. IT has valuable information like Blink code identification for the status light.
3 grn blinks and then solid green means I have pre-programmed the throttle to match the pedal and the controller is receiving a good signal.
There is an installation sheet with the FN device which should be included and the controller should be pre programmed for the FN device - as marked by the programmer on the underside.
Take time now to read the FN installation instruction.
understood... i went back and found the FN1 manual, it was stuck to the invoice and i didnt see it. i got it wired in and everything seems to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I hope you have the rear wheels off the ground for all of this testing. If the throttle setting is wrong when the controller finally gets power it will drive through your garage door or wall.
oh yes, up on jackstands... it has made crawling underneath to run the wires much easier!

thanks to all, esp scotty, for the patience and assistance!

now i get to start in on some of the fun stuff, wire in the 12v converter, running lights, radio, etc. Will start a new post with all of that stuff.

jason
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car