lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
food2000
Not Yet Wild

Default Acquired Golf Cart - 2001 Western Lito

Been searching the web and having a hard time putting together where to find parts or more information for this golf cart. I used to be a mechanic however... i have 0 experience with working on golf carts:

I've acquired a 2001 western lido which does not run.

- 2/8 6volt batteries will charge (using automotive 12 volt to charge 2x batteries at a time).
- needs Ignition Key
- needs a 6 volt charger.

I was just planning on getting the cart to function properly and then selling it however... through my few hours of research, looks like "western" golf cart closed down 2002, Lido motors is still around (can't find a number for them) and some people are saying chassis is from EZGO TXT?

Any help would be great and information or "what would you do" if you were me feedback would also be great :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78365918_743344786183147_1255648987659108352_n.jpg (92.8 KB, 0 views)
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
fundevil
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Acquired Golf Cart - 2001 Western Lito

i also have a lido. its a 2002 and have been looking for a year and finding nothing. what do you do for parts? good luck
fundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:09 PM   #3
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

I have a 1997 Western they were built on a Ezgo Marathon chassis.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
food2000
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundevil View Post
i also have a lido. its a 2002 and have been looking for a year and finding nothing. what do you do for parts? good luck
Heya,

Yeah i'm looking for some insight as well as i've been trying to search but not coming up with a lot of information for these golf carts.

but per Pattyandrick, they're build on Ezgo Marathon chassis.

I'll report back here if i find more information for parts.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by food2000 View Post
Heya,

Yeah i'm looking for some insight as well as i've been trying to search but not coming up with a lot of information for these golf carts.

but per Pattyandrick, they're build on Ezgo Marathon chassis.

I'll report back here if i find more information for parts.
Lido's are too new to be built on ezgo marathon chassis. Most likely an ezgo TXT. The best thing to do is check the stickys section of this ezgo forum and match what's under your seat to one of the TXT diagrams. If it turns out that it is ezgo parts will be easy to get. You'll want to be very careful with the body parts as those are going to be no longer available without a parts cart. In fact, I won't even buy a western if it has a broken tail light for example as I know I most likely will never find a replacement so it will be broken forever. Body is fiberglass and that is easy to fix up and paint if needed.

To address some of your other questions....if the batteries are too old i would start your rebuild with a fresh set so you know how they are maintained. Ignition key itself may be hard to find but if you pull the key switch out and look for markings you may be able to do a search online. If not perhaps a locksmith could rekey or you could find order a replacement key switch. That would probably be easiest.

Not sure what you meant about needing 6 volt charger? Most lidos I have seen are 42 or 48 volts. some had onbaord chargers so give a good look around including under the front end. If not you'll need a replacement charger that goes along with your voltage.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by food2000 View Post
Been searching the web and having a hard time putting together where to find parts or more information for this golf cart. I used to be a mechanic however... i have 0 experience with working on golf carts:

I've acquired a 2001 western lido which does not run.

- 2/8 6volt batteries will charge (using automotive 12 volt to charge 2x batteries at a time).
- needs Ignition Key
- needs a 6 volt charger.

I was just planning on getting the cart to function properly and then selling it however... through my few hours of research, looks like "western" golf cart closed down 2002, Lido motors is still around (can't find a number for them) and some people are saying chassis is from EZGO TXT?

Any help would be great and information or "what would you do" if you were me feedback would also be great :)
Food2000,
check out the new thread I posted with the wiring diagrams for westerns. See if any of them match up to what's under your seat. Lidos and westerns were usually manufactured in the same plant in Desert Hot Springs so it may help you out.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
food2000
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Food2000,
check out the new thread I posted with the wiring diagrams for westerns. See if any of them match up to what's under your seat. Lidos and westerns were usually manufactured in the same plant in Desert Hot Springs so it may help you out.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and information, looks like we're going to keep the golf cart.

I know parts are scarce and i'll keep at as i learn more about the lido.. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO