lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #11
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Two Speed Rear End for Extreme Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'd be interested to hear this information when you get it from the distributor. What GC are you putting it in?
my cart is a 2003 EXGO TXT although nothing on it is original anymore. I started building it with my son about 10 years ago and it has been non stop upgrades and changes ever since.

about 5 years ago i had an Altrax melt down on me and burn up most of the electrical components. Apparently a capacitor exploded. It has been a great hobby for my son and i and i have been able to spread the cost out over several years so it did not hurt to much :)
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #12
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Two Speed Rear End for Extreme Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I've got the situation as you, as far as the controller being placed over the motor. Here is the best picture I have that I can find right now.

Attachment 195635

So I'll be very interested to find out how much higher the motor would be with their axle...
i can not get a good picture of my Altrax but it is basically in the same spot as yours. i can fit about 2-3 fingers between the motor and all of the electronics. my entire cart would need to be redesigned if the motor sits higher up. I am still waiting on some details to be sent over from renegade. i might have to follow up with them due to the holidays they may have forgot about me.

I am going to pull the motor this weekend and hopefully get some better measurements than 2-3 fingers...lol. Everything i have read about the two speed seems to be positive. i am at the point where i am tired of fixing stuff i break and hoping the new rear end will help with this. I have been beating on the stock axle for 10 years now. While it has help up i can not say the same for my motors. My son is also of the age where he can drive the cart now so reliability and safety are moving up on the list.
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme cart, rear end, two speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO