lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #21
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone have this charger

Good info thanks. I decided to remove the charger and test the voltage at the charger plug. It was putting out 41.5 and fluctuating plus and minus .2. I could hear a little outgassing. It might be the good batteries being overcharged. I'm about to take it for test ride and see how quick the batteries die. The last ride was just about a mile but that was before I was able to keep the charger on a long time because of the corroded connections and resistance.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #22
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Test drive did not go so great. It was better than the last one but batteries starting to slow the cart down after 2.5 miles. I have the cart back on the charger but I have pronounced these old tired abused batteries DOA.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That they are....
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:24 PM   #24
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Test drive did not go so great. It was better than the last one but batteries starting to slow the cart down after 2.5 miles. I have the cart back on the charger but I have pronounced these old tired abused batteries DOA.

Unfortunately you’re probably right.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #25
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help guys. If the owner wants me to install some new batteries, that will be next. Her husband passed tragically so not sure if she wants to keep the cart or sell it. If she wants to sell, I might advise her to let the next owner buy the batteries. The other thought however, it's usually easier to sell something that's working correctly. And with new batteries the selling price of the cart should increase by the cost of the batteries. They are 5 years old so they are mostly timed out anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO