lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
jesseasi
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-Go Western Cart - no power after swapping battery to lithium.

Starting doing Lithium Golf Cart conversions in our community. I have built and installed systems in 6 golf carts so far - no issues.

Battery packs I am using are Nissan Leaf Gen 3 packs - and I am making 58Volt systems using 3 1/2 of 4 cells. For the point of this post - we have 58v (max charge) system.

Started working on a 2001 Western Golf Limousine cart. Basically a special EZ-Go.

The cart was using 8 6v batteries. 48volt. There was a 12volt system that was created using 2 of the 6volt batteries.

So I pulled all 8 batteries - and connected my lithium pack. I created the 12 volt system using a 30amp DC/DC converter. So everything is wired up "exactly as it was before".

Issue is that the Curtis Controller 1264 is flashing 5,2 or maybe 2,5? (Flashes 2 times then 5 times with a big pause) From what I gather the issue is with the solenoid? If the error code is 25 - AUX COIL FAULT, Missing aux (brake, relay) coil., 1. Aux coil open or not connected.

The cart has a type 586 solenoid - I am getting 58v on each of the main connectors. With the Key AND Tow switch turned on - I am getting 12v on both the smaller connectors. Yellow and Blue. Turn the key off and I get no voltage on the smaller connectors.

That does not seem right?

Not sure what I did wrong. I don't really make money on these - I have just been helping friends and family get their carts converted to Lithium.

I am looking for help / ideas as to what the issue might be. The cart was working correctly with the old batteries. Maybe something came loose in the process of pulling all the batteries?

Help....
jesseasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
jesseasi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-Go Western Cart - no power after swapping battery to lithium.

The Sepex controller is flashing 2-5. It flashes 2 times, short pause, 5 times - long pause and repeats.

Based on the error codes - +5v supply failure. on Pin 26.

Also - there is no clicking from the solenoid. Does anyone know what the voltage readings should be on the solenoid when the key and tow switch are on? We have 58v on the mains and 12v on the smaller connections.

Anyone have any suggestions?
jesseasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO