lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart doesnt move when i push the pedal

It does sound like an issue with the Dynamic Brake solenoid sticking and leaving the resistor coil in the circuit once it is activated.

The best solution for those old carts, and it picks up a couple more MPH but you loose the Regenerative brake, is to by-pass that circuit.

1) Unplug the speed sensor 3-pin connector from the end of the Motor.

2) Remove the Resistor coil and connect both big cables on the same solenoid post (basically jump the cables together).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #22
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Happy Birthday
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #23
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It does sound like an issue with the Dynamic Brake solenoid sticking and leaving the resistor coil in the circuit once it is activated.

The best solution for those old carts, and it picks up a couple more MPH but you loose the Regenerative brake, is to by-pass that circuit.

2) Remove the Resistor coil and connect both big cables on the same solenoid post (basically jump the cables together).

Please bare with me I am very new to this... so I am short on terminology is there a diagram some where for this conversion???
DOUGHBOYSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #24
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
Happy Birthday

Thank you!!

Also I pulled my v-glide to test the resistors and it looks like I have way more resistors than your picture most noticeably I have 2 resistors on the very first connection and it looks like you have none..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200102_200723.jpg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #25
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGHBOYSFAST View Post
I will pull the batteries tonight and test the resistors and report back.. thank you sir

Please see picture with resistance values and I laid out in order that I tested them incase I didn't go in the correct order..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200102-201957_Gallery.jpg (29.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #26
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also I did test continuity on the micro switch and all seems to be on good working order
Old 01-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

DBF, you have a Regen 2 cart and that is where everyone's advice is trying to steer the help. These were the predecessors to the later IQ carts and a notorious problem was the dynamic brake circuit. The Solenoid would fail and cause a similar problem to what you are describing.

The idea I gave you earlier was presuming you had a Series cart with an FNR, but you have a Regen 2 with a Fwd/Rev Rocker switch as the high voltage switching is done in the controller. The dynamic brake circuit (2nd solenoid) works in conjunction with the speed controller and speed sensor at the motor.

Please unplug the connector at the wiring harness coming off the motor (3 wire) and then on the 2nd solenoid (contains the resistor coil) remove either White A2 cable from either side and connect it on top of the other cable on the other side - you can discard the coil. This will now bypass the solenoid and take the dynamic brake circuit out of the mix. If the cart runs better, you can just leave it like that.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #29
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:

I think I found the 3 pin connector on the end of the motor can you confirm this is the correct plug?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200102_213052.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes. And what I usually do to make a neater job, is take the cable coming from A2 on the motor and run it directly to A2 on the controller. Get rid of everything else. Much neater and avoids future confusion.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car