lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
mcmike
Not Yet Wild

Default one new battery replaced. Problem?

My battery bank is one year old with 6 months of use. While putting them back in for this season i hit the comer of one on the screw terminal of another. So off for a new battery....i have 6 6v. I then charged each battery with a 6v charger till it went to float. Wired them all back together again let them rest over night and the voltage was 38.15 Took it for a long 1 1/2 hour ride. put the charger on it and went to bed. 10 hours latter the charger was still on. With the charger on the batteries plugged in all read 7.1-7.2 except the new one reads 7.7. it is the first battery on the neg side. should i continue charging or did i miss something.

as always thanks in advance for any and all help
MIKE
mcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: one new battery replaced. Problem?

You haven't missed anything. Although I am surprised there is that much differential in the pack when it is basically only 6 months old. That is pretty high for the one battery, but give it a few days or weeks to balance out.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
mcmike
Not Yet Wild

i guess i was afraid i would over charge the older batteries as the new one " Caught up".
I pulled the plug on the charger. Should i just let it run till it shuts itself off. Again, can i be over charging the older 5 batteries
Old 01-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Whether you have a Powerdrive or AM charger, it senses pack voltage and not individual battery voltages. It should eventually balance out as those are still fairly new batteries. As long as it is the same type and A/H battery.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
mcmike
Not Yet Wild

same make and model. just wanted to make sure
Thank You
Mike
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car