lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Tire suggestion and question

I have a Yamaha that I just put a 6" lift kit on an unfortunately got new tires and wheels. Problem is with the tires and I should have known better. I got the all terrain dot tires as they looked like they might not be that noisy but they are terrible. I live in a retirement community and just use the cart on paved roads. So here is my question. The tires are 23X10X14 as pictured in my attachment. From what I could figure out the cheapest way to go is just with some car tires. It looks to me like a 205X55X14 would be about the same size but need someone with an opinion that might know more or who has done it. I can get these for around 45 bucks locally which is the cheapest way to go. Any opinion appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tires.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Tire suggestion and question

I would actually give them some time to break in/soften up. I have that exact tread and I don’t notice it being noisy at all unless I’m going full speed 23 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok I didn't think they would get better but will give it a try. Dropping the tire pressure down to 15 psi did help a little. Also they really tend to follow every groove in the road and they pull you around quite a bit. A little bit squirly and I believe the front end is set up correctly.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

In most cases, when you go with a lift / new tires you also need to do an alignment. I lifted a Club Car last year and the thing shimmied all over the place afterward. I aligned it and it's been perfect since. Granted, that cart wasn't a Yamaha but I would think that the same principals would apply. Someone will correct me if I am off-base.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
In most cases, when you go with a lift / new tires you also need to do an alignment. I lifted a Club Car last year and the thing shimmied all over the place afterward. I aligned it and it's been perfect since. Granted, that cart wasn't a Yamaha but I would think that the same principals would apply. Someone will correct me if I am off-base.
I think your exactly right. I had the lift kit installed and not too happy with the job they did. Either I have to figure out how to align it myself or pay someone to have it done. Hopefully I can do it myself.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #6
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqK1cu_gBQA

Yamaha alignment video...[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #7
Altster
Not Yet Wild

I have a service manual I can upload for this Yamaha Drive model if people are interested. Let me know if this is wanted and how do I get it stickied?
Altster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #8
RickyM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altster View Post
I have a service manual I can upload for this Yamaha Drive model if people are interested. Let me know if this is wanted and how do I get it stickied?
I would love to have a manual. Tried to find one to download but had no luck. Thanks
Old 01-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
Altster
Not Yet Wild

I will do so next monday. Got it at work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk
Altster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #10
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyM View Post
I have a Yamaha that I just put a 6" lift kit on an unfortunately got new tires and wheels. Problem is with the tires and I should have known better. I got the all terrain dot tires as they looked like they might not be that noisy but they are terrible. I live in a retirement community and just use the cart on paved roads. So here is my question. The tires are 23X10X14 as pictured in my attachment. From what I could figure out the cheapest way to go is just with some car tires. It looks to me like a 205X55X14 would be about the same size but need someone with an opinion that might know more or who has done it. I can get these for around 45 bucks locally which is the cheapest way to go. Any opinion appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have the same tires on my lifted street legal Club Car Precident, terrible noise and vibration, on grass it is perfect, on road it feels and sounds like a lifted F150 with mudder tires. Can’t wait for them to wear out. They are 23 in dia on 12” wheels. Next day after taking delivery of cart I complained to the selling dealer, asked him to swap them with something smoother, one day mind you, he refused, great customer service.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha