lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
mway
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rxv Procedure

What’s the right way to move a disabled Rxv?
mway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rxv Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mway View Post
What’s the right way to move a disabled Rxv?
It depends on how it was disabled. The first thing you should try is to switch the plugs underneath the run-tow switch to see if it will release the brake. Instructions should be on or underneath the run-tow switch and the plugs will be numbered for reference.

If that does not release the brake, then you likely will have to remove the motor brake before the cart will roll (I think some early carts had a lever to release the brake, but most all of those have failed by this point so I am guessing you have a newer brake without the lever ).

It is not hard to remove the motor brake, just remove the rear passenger side wheel and you should be able to get to it with an extension. There are only three small bolts you have to remove and you also have to unplug the wire going into the brake.

It would help if you posted more info like the year model of the cart and what it was doing before it became disabled. Sometimes a failed solenoid will disable the cart, but if batteries have minimal charge, swapping the plugs will release the brake.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Driver’s side?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Driver’s side?
Yes, driver's side. Sorry, I am a little dyslexic when I am not actually looking at the cart, LOL.

When we used to play backyard football, my team could not run plays left and right, we had to run plays to road side or house side less I run wrong way.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO