lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

Default Best route for V glide conversion

Hey guys, I've read all of the other threads pertaining to this, and I'm still quite unclear. Im still trying to learn all of this, so don't beat me up to bad. I have a 99 48v ds series. The cart has a V glide on it. Through some other reading in these forums, I don't think the v glide will be best for what Ill be using the cart for. (Hunting and farm purposes)

My plan is to upgrade to a 500 alltrax, and of course the solenoid, cables, f&R switch, and eventually new motor down the road. The V glide on the cart seems to be working properly and haven't had any issues with it yet. So my question is should I just leave it be for now and continue with the upgrades until it needs to be replaced and get a mcor conversion kit? Or go ahead and convert it now with a kit from carts unlimited that includes the controller and other parts Im already planning to buy? Does the conversion kit from carts unlimited have the mcor with it? It seems the more I try to research this, the more confused I get. Help!
Gerling1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2020, 05:36 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Best route for V glide conversion

The MCOR is much smoother and and provides better controlability. The Alltrax Tool Kit will allow you set the throttle either way and it will sense the 0-100% output. I use this one when replacing a MSP/V-glide https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

It depends on what type of set up you already have. If its vglide running a resistor cart then you are right you dont have the best setup. If its a vglide thats providing your controller with throttle position then its fine for what you want to use. Even if you had a resistor cart set up with $30-50 and an hour or time you can set it up to work nicely with a controller.

Nole is right and I think the MCOR is currently the "Cadillac" of throttle types. I did the 3 wire voltage divider type with my V-glide and I have to move my throttle extremely slow to feel any jumps in the throttle rate. There was a good read on the vglide type throttle setups that I linked below.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=152895
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

I believe the v glide provides to a controller. There are no resistor coils that I can find on the cart. That being said, would it need to be converted along with the other upgrades I plan? Or will it be an issue in the long run? Or is it even necessary to convert since it provides to a controller? That kit from revolution golf carts is one I have been debating, but have also been looking at the conversion kit offered by carts unlimited. Just unsure which is the best route for me, if at all.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

MCOR is Club Cars modern solution but google MCOR problems and the page fills up I'd rather have a potentiometer than convert to a know weak signal. But hey, every cart can't have an ITS.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #6
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

So mcor not a good idea. So should I leave the v glide alone then since it's not a resistor cart? Or would the conversion kit from carts unlimited be the way to go? I just dont want to deal with the v glide burning up on me
Old 03-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the cart is NOT a resistor cart there is no high amperage going through the V-glide. These are 2 different v-glides. The version used with solid state drive does not burn up.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Did they ever make a 48 volt resistor cart? I've never seen one.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:57 PM   #9
Gerling1209
Not Yet Wild

I think that clears up all my questions, thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-12-2020, 06:11 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerling1209 View Post
I think that clears up all my questions, thanks for the help guys!
That was easy - glad we could help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car