lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 06:40 AM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Best route for V glide conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Did they ever make a 48 volt resistor cart? I've never seen one.
No. Only people who converted them manually.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2020, 06:51 AM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerling1209 View Post
So mcor not a good idea. So should I leave the v glide alone then since it's not a resistor cart? Or would the conversion kit from carts unlimited be the way to go? I just dont want to deal with the v glide burning up on me
You can go either way. I prefer (as would most) to have the stability of an MCOR over the multitude of pads, resistors and assembly of an MSP/V-glide. Most of the issues you see from the WWW is the Chinese MCOR's which are junk right out the box. People who sell those are just trying to pass cheap reverse engineered items from China to make a buck. An MCOR is much smoother and provides a better (more accurate) signal across the throttle range. Connect an oscilloscope or signal recorder up to both and watch the pattern variations. It is obvious and the reason as times (technology) improved, the V-glide went away and the MCOR's took over. You see the Pre-MCOR (or V-glide) to MCOR conversions, but you do not see an MCOR to V-glide's jumping out at you. There is a reason for that.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let's all praise the MCOR
Put The MCOR up against the ITS and it's crap. It's unreliable. Even goldplated OEM units go to he!l after a few years. Old fashion potentiometers from 1990 are still working
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
No. Only people who converted them manually.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

V glide with resistor setups can work, but you have to modify them to get them to work when you put big motors in a such.
Ive heard all the complaints about the MCOR, but it is a great system. The Box MCOR worked great. MCOR 3 was a pile of crap, but MCOR 4 has been great.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Poor guy that just hates it when he's not in control... Read the post (it helps!) My response was in regards to an MCOR and MSP/V-glide. No where did I reference an ITS. Why would I even reference that...

'07 DS, '05 DS, '04 DS (all on original MCOR 1's) '96 DS, '98 DS and '99 DS all on Pre-MCOR conversions and never a problem with one yet. "All Hail the MCOR!!"

This post is certified Coronavirus (COVID-19) Free and Opinions, Statements and Representations are for the mere amusement of the viewing audience. Any reference to a person, either living or deceased, is purely coincidental and makes no warranty either inferred or implied
Old 03-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Ive heard all the complaints about the MCOR, but it is a great system. The Box MCOR worked great. MCOR 3 was a pile of crap, but MCOR 4 has been great.
Ugh! MCOR 3's.... Almost as bad as an TPS!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car