lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
JoeDirt2019
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Jerking

New to carts. I have a club car with 6 batteries. Been running great since I bought it. Then one day it started jerking when starting out. Headlight won't come on while moving. If I stop and there's no power going to the motor the lights work. Does this mean the batteries are shot? Or something else?
JoeDirt2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Jerking

This is a classic sign of low voltage. Either the batteries are bad or your charger isn't charging your batteries.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
JoeDirt2019
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This is a classic sign of low voltage. Either the batteries are bad or your charger isn't charging your batteries.
Thank you for the response. I'm thinking I will replace with sealed maintenance free batteries. Any down side to sealed batteries. Mine are 8 volts. Serial number is PH0814-891072 does that mean it's a 2014? I googled it and figured out it's an 2008
JoeDirt2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
ClubCarDs94
Not Yet Wild

Yeah for club car it's usually the first 2 digits after the first 2 letters pretty sure.
ClubCarDs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirt2019 View Post
Thank you for the response. I'm thinking I will replace with sealed maintenance free batteries. Any down side to sealed batteries. Mine are 8 volts. Serial number is PH0814-891072 does that mean it's a 2014? I googled it and figured out it's an 2008
P = Precedent
H = Excel Drive Systm
08 = 2008 Model Year
14 = 14th week of production.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirt2019 View Post
If they're not Deep cycle batteries designed for a Golf cart they're not going to last. Golf carts have totally different energy demands than most other electric vehicle or equipment applications. If you're thinking of getting a "maintenance free" starting battery for a car or truck, and using those in a golf cart, you will be sorely disappointed because they'll be dead in a month.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If you are new to golf cart world, learn from some of the people on this forum with a lot of experience. We all are cheap and try to get the best deal we can, but Do NOT try to save on batteries. Buy the best you can, learn the most you can to prolong their life to SAVE yourself some misery (and expense) later. Batteries are your biggest expense (normally) when owning a golf cart, so pay a little more to get best. Trojans are usually considered one of the best.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car