lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Carlharr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Yamaha

I have a 48 V 2003 Yamaha electric golf cart. I replaced all the switches checked the battery pack, replace the solenoid, and it still will not go. I have 48 V coming to my solenoid. But once I connect it to the solenoid it drops to about 1 and jumps to 4 V. Can anyone explain this to me on why this would happen.
Carlharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Carlharr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha

I have 50volts now and still no click. Once I hook up the two small wires to the solenoid the voltage still drops .1 or .4 Volts
Old 03-20-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlharr View Post
I have 50volts now and still no click. Once I hook up the two small wires to the solenoid the voltage still drops .1 or .4 Volts
Still not 100% sure I understand your question. Also, probably would get a better response if you posted this in the Yamaha forum. Hopefully a mod will move it for you. For now, I will try my best to help you.

I am assuming Yamaha G22. Follow this diagram:

https://ddmotorsystems.com/Manuals/Y...x-G22-2006.pdf

What is your battery pack voltage?

Measuring from main negative to each of the points below, check:

One of the big terminals on Sol should have two red wires, a big one and little one. You should read 48v there back to main negative.

If so,

With Run Tow Switch OFF, what is voltage to each terminal on R/T switch? You should have pack voltage on one side and nothing on the other side. If no you have a fuse blown or bad connection to R/T.

Otherwise,

With RT switch on, you should see pack voltage on both terminals. If no, you have a bad R/T switch.

Otherwise make sure you have pack voltage on the wire going from R/T switch to small terminal on Solenoid (should be a red and yellow wire.). If no, there is a bad connection between R/T and Solenoid.

If you have pack voltage at all of those points then the issue is either a bad controller or the controller is not seeing a critical input (such as key switch, Pedal Switch, or Charger Port). Check all of the above points first and then post back and we can start looking at controller and controller inputs from there.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
Carlharr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for helping. Oops I thought I did have it in the Yamaha.
My full pack is 50.2 volts
I get between 49.5 and 50 volts on all the points that you said. All checks out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO