lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #1
Frogg3074
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV not moving, not the brake.

I bought a 350 amp controller from someone. Got it, hooked it up and while I was finishing up, I added a reducer to the solenoid for a new light kit. I put it in run and turn key on and give it gas, nothing. It stays in tow mode except when I turn it to the off position. Then the parking brake engages. So I remove the reducer from the solenoid. Then I try to get it to go again. This time it shudders forward and then stops and starts beeping intermittently. It does this in forward and reverse. I had a spare motorbrake and swapped it out and it still does it. I also have a spare solenoid and swapped that and still not it. Do I have a bad controller that I bought? TIA

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Frogg3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV not moving, not the brake.

Jumps forward, followed by buzzer beeping is classic symptoms of brake failure.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

If it's a Danaher variant, you'll definitely see 25107 in the Error Log. It shows as 'mechanical brake failed' (doesn't mean it's bad, but it's slipping and failing the twist test at POST). I have noticed they changed how touchy it is in version 5.8 of the Danaher software. Earlier versions tended to pull that error just by breathing as you turn the car on.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
If it's a Danaher variant, you'll definitely see 25107 in the Error Log. It shows as 'mechanical brake failed' (doesn't mean it's bad, but it's slipping and failing the twist test at POST). I have noticed they changed how touchy it is in version 5.8 of the Danaher software. Earlier versions tended to pull that error just by breathing as you turn the car on.
Danaher 350a controller doesnt exist for RXV.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Well I've never paid much attention to the amp rating since there's no third party option on RXVs so pardon my ignorance. OP didn't mention a year, and I've only seen that failure mode on Danaher RXVs. NEVER curtis. I don't think Curtis even does that check. It does the twist test but it doesn't fail going 'beep beep beep'.

Heck, I've moved RXVs sans brake but can only do that on a Curtis version. Lurches like heck but it will roll and is easier than pushing them. Can't even do that on a Danaher version seeing as it will just beep and shut off.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Third party option= Navitas

Yes, curtis does twist test too.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I know it does the twist test. But I've never seen one fail that and do like a Danaher variant does and go shut down 'beep beep beep' until KSI cycled. I've been able to pull bad brakes off the Curtis versions to move them uphill to the shop vs. killing my back pushing them. They lurch like crazy but will drive low speed so many feet.

Nav-what now? Never heard of it. I'm guessing in 2020 now they've complicated the RXV even more?! Great...Just great....Another handheld purchase coming soon too...and more ibuprofen needed.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #8
Frogg3074
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Jumps forward, followed by buzzer beeping is classic symptoms of brake failure.
I have an extra brake here and switched it out and still the same. I just got this cart and read to buy a brake just in case so I did

Old 05-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
Frogg3074
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Its a 2016 RXV. Curtis controller

Old 05-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #10
Frogg3074
Not Yet Wild

As soon as I turn the key. The cart lunges but doesn't go anywhere. It's like the motorbrake kicks in. Does this in forward and reverse. And it will just keep beeping until I turn off the key. Speed sensor possibly. Would a bigger controller make that fail when first powered up?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO