lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Help adding fuse block - wire issue

2009 CC Precedent w/6 - 8 volts

I currently have a voltage reducer with the inputs wired to positive #1 battery and ground to neg of #6, yellow to key switch.

Now the green is tapped in with 15amp fuse to the wire harness (P1H1 - bucket harness - red wire)

Everything works as advertised and has for years but I am now adding a blue sea fuse panel and need to pull my 12 volt power to the positive of the fuse panel.

Where the red wire connects to the harness connection it exits the other side as a blue wire that splits off to a relay (blue) another harness (grey/yellow) and to the headlight switch (grey/yellow). Is any of this factory?

Where should I pull my 12 volts from? Can I just tap off the green (12v) coming out of the voltage reducer and run it to my fuse panel positive? I bought the cart wired as such with the exception of it previously not being connected to the key switch- I ran that to secure power when key was off. Pics attached.....any advice is appreciated!

***last pic is the second harness the one of the grey/yellow wires goes into....light harness im guessing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (92.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (99.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (116.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (164.0 KB, 0 views)
THEPISTONHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help adding fuse block - wire issue

This is the green wire coming out of the voltage reducer tapped into the red wire and a fuse entering the factory harness. Is this fuse factory?

Again im thing of just tapping into this wire setup before the fuse and cleaning up all the wires then running the new wire to the positive of my blue sea fuse panel. No fuse needed since any accessory connected will have a dedicated fuse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (132.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Yellow/white stripe wire is +12v for the headlights and the Blue wire is +12v for the brake lights.

The best way would be to cut the green wire out of the reducer and extend it to the fuse box positive.

Then run a new wire from an empty fuse to the other end of the green wire that you cut.

Label the fuse headlight/brake.

I would keep the inline fuse holder on the green wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Yellow/white stripe wire is +12v for the headlights and the Blue wire is +12v for the brake lights.

The best way would be to cut the green wire out of the reducer and extend it to the fuse box positive.

Then run a new wire from an empty fuse to the other end of the green wire that you cut.

Label the fuse headlight/brake.

I would keep the inline fuse holder on the green wire.
Ok I see where you're going with that. The only issue is that the wires that power the lights would have 2 fuses now if I leave the current 15 amp in place and run a new wire back because I have to add a fuse in the new panel to complete the circuit.

Couldn't I just leave the lights on the current 15 amp fuse....tap into green before that fuse, run it to positive on fuse panel and now it is there for every accessory except the lights (which has its own - the 15 amp after the splice in green)

Or are you saying use the 15 amp fuse in the run to the positive of the fuse panel? Which I may need to change to a bigger fuse depending on accessories I add later?????

I apologies if im overthinking this....
Old 05-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the green coming out, then butt connected to become red...….about 12 inches after is the fuse. Regardless I will definitely clean up the wiring to minimize splices when done...…

This fuse appears factory to me...…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (132.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2020, 04:01 PM   #6
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Is this heat shrink connection factory?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (116.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2020, 06:42 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The fuse is intended to prevent the current from getting high enough to getting the wire to catch fire so they need to be installed at the source of the power.

You should have a 15A fuse in the wire that provides the +48v for the converter and it should be near the battery post.

The Converter +12v output wire should have 30A fuse near the converter before it goes to the fuse block.

Each accessory +12v wire will then have a fuse in the fuse block before it goes to the switch or device.

Assuming that inline fuse in the Green wire is near the converter:
Cut the wire after the fuse so the fuse is in the wire that goes to the fuse block.

The new wire that goes to the other side of the green wire is already fused at the fuse block.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Done and done! Thank you for the help! Adding a soundbar today!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car