lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
cuadradoed
Not Yet Wild

Question 1988 ezgo marathon reed switch

Hello everyone,

I am new to golf cart ownership and new to this forum. I just picked up an 88 EZGO Marathon 36v. The problem I am having is that I can not locate where the reed switch wire goes connected on the end opposite of the charger plug. The reed wire is attached on the charger plug side but the other end of the wire is loose in the engine bay. Does anyone have a picture of where that other end should be attached? I have searched high and low on the internet, but none of the wiring diagrams provide that information. Thanks in advance for your help.
cuadradoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 1988 ezgo marathon reed switch

Welcome.

Are you sure you have a 88 marathon?. The marathon did not have a reed switch. newer TXT's are the ones with the reed switch
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
cuadradoed
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for gettong back to me. I searched by the serial number on the EZGO website, and could not locate my cart. However when I looked at the pictures, mine looks like the marathon and the last two digits of the manufacturer code are 88. When I opened the charger plug it has a blackwire, a white wire and the reed switch in red.
cuadradoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
rib33024

Can you post some pictures of the cart and under the seat and the charger port and wires so we can see whats going on
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:03 AM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 1988 ezgo marathon reed switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuadradoed View Post
Thank you for gettong back to me. I searched by the serial number on the EZGO website, and could not locate my cart. However when I looked at the pictures, mine looks like the marathon and the last two digits of the manufacturer code are 88. When I opened the charger plug it has a blackwire, a white wire and the reed switch in red.

Actually a 88 Ezgo marathon will be a resistor cart. They didn't start putting controller's in them til 89.
This was my 89 marathon I built for my first golf cart with factory controller. First year for them. 2nd picture is a stock charger 36 volt plug-in for them.
3rd picture is late model TXT charger plug 36 volts.
Some one could have put a later TXT charger plug in it though if it is a 88 model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4cotm.jpg (85.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ezgo SB-50 charger plug.jpg (16.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ezgo TXT charger plug.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO