lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lester Summit 2 Charger on RXV

I received my new summit charger on Saturday and setup the profiles. I charged the cart and later that day i rode the cart and the gauge on the cart said 100% and I rode it once more and it said 100%. Sunday morning it showed 100%.

Monday afternoon I looked on the app and it said I was charged 100% but then went for a ride last night and the cart said 86% so i checked through the app when i got home and the first time i opened the app it said 56%, so i closed the app and checked again then it said 79% so i turned the cart key on and it read 99%.

Not sure what was going on with this? maybe the wrong profile but the app selects profile automatically based on info you provided it. correct?
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
randompartsguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lester Summit 2 Charger on RXV

Just curious what profile you are using on your RXV? Video shows to download profile 21230. Loaded it, and it seems like the charger is changing to profile 29230. Any ideas?
randompartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:22 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The brand of cart doesn't matter. It's the brand and model (capacity) of the batteries that is important and all of them should be the same including age. A matched pack.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:23 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut2000 View Post
I received my new summit charger on Saturday and setup the profiles. I charged the cart and later that day i rode the cart and the gauge on the cart said 100% and I rode it once more and it said 100%. Sunday morning it showed 100%.

Monday afternoon I looked on the app and it said I was charged 100% but then went for a ride last night and the cart said 86% so i checked through the app when i got home and the first time i opened the app it said 56%, so i closed the app and checked again then it said 79% so i turned the cart key on and it read 99%.

Not sure what was going on with this? maybe the wrong profile but the app selects profile automatically based on info you provided it. correct?
The battery meter on the cart is lying to you. They all lie to some extent and should only be used as a guide. The meters on the RXV are among the worst whether factory or aftermarket if they are plug n play. On RXVs the controller tells the gauge what it thinks the SOC is. This is a known issue. In my area there are thousands of carts and when the RXVs started entering the mix owners and shops alike were having fits with the RXVs battery gauge. Carts would be running fine and then all of a sudden the battery gauge would drop from above half to empty with the low battery light coming on. People panicked even though the carts weren't dropping to limp mode. 12v batteries and winter weather made the situation worse. Actually the carts were fine generally it was a gauge issue. With well over 100 miles of purpose built paths, carts here are used like autos and it is entirely possible to wander far enough from a charger to get stranded. People here need a "gas" gauge and with the carts almost constantly in motion a "digital" meter so often recommended on this board is useless. Who is going to stop for at least 15 minutes to let the batteries settle to get a somewhat meaningful voltage number and then refer to a chart.
And that is another issue. You are taking snap shots of battery voltage and coming to conclusions without considering time (context). Battery voltage fluctuates as they are charged and also while being used so voltage readings by any gauge/meter are misleading unless the battery has been allowed to stabilize which in the case of charging takes hours after charger shuts off and really more than an hour after cart has been run and parked. We say here generally that you can get a reasonable guess at state of charge after the cart has rested for at least 15minutes after use. But it is more accurate at 30 minutes and even better after a couple of hours. I've come to the conclusion that a hand held meter or permanently installed digital dash meter that is always on, no switches, is best but only for diagnostics and either are useless as a gas gauge with the cart in motion or recently in motion.
So, if you are just using this cart in your neighborhood/subdivision or something similar, maybe you don't even need a SOC gauge. They seem to be upsetting you. All these modern electric carts will run 20miles easily under optimum conditions. The SOC gauge you have ( the pretty one as I recall) will never agree with the Summit charger because they aren't using the same source exactly. The Batteries yes, but all the wiring between the batteries and the gauge and charger are different and there's the a fore mentioned controller.

It is difficult to build an accurate battery SOC meter. Ever been on an interstate and noticed all the Teslas start to slow down when you hit a rain shower? All those people left their driveways thinking they had enough range for their destination. A little electric car secret Teslas and others don't tell you.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO