lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive axle nut

My mistake, I thought you had the team axle. I would change that wheel bearing just to be sure. It's no problem & very low risk on the dana axle (unlike the team axle I thought you had).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #12
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I thought the bearing was hard to get off. Saw a video of a guy having to use a press to get it on and off. Maybe diff one. If I do that, should both be done or just the drivers side?
Calebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I thought he had a team axle too.

No hand tight on that axle nut at all...ever, torque the crap out of it, as tight as that nut can get. Put Anti seize on the splines, tighten the nut correctly.. problem solved
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #14
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I tightened the crap out of it, actually was worried too much. Did not put anti seize on the spline though. Didn’t know about that.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #15
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

E0B6BB5F-2D60-442B-A881-AA31AE078F4F.jpeg

1E7E6E41-7464-4753-89D4-FB8F3E1AF4C2.jpeg
Old 06-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #16
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

When I go to change the oil, does it come out of the black rubber pad. Thought there was a bolt like on a car? Everything I read showed a bolt on the left bottom side and a bolt up top on the left side to fill.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebf View Post
When I go to change the oil, does it come out of the black rubber pad. Thought there was a bolt like on a car? Everything I read showed a bolt on the left bottom side and a bolt up top on the left side to fill.
The "2 bolts thing" was on the team axle. On the Dana/Schafer, you remove the black metal cover to drain it. Removing the rubber plug wont let any oil out.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #18
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The whole bottom cover? If so what do I seal it up with, was sealed previously, feels like silicone. Maybe dumb question but where does it go in?
Old 06-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #19
Calebf
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Couldn’t find a thread on bearing removal. I’m guessing it’s in the axle tube. Looking at it doesn’t look too bad to take off. Does it slip off after unbolting everything? Does the axle spline stay on when you take the bearings off?
Old 06-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

The bearing is mounted on the splined axle shaft, axle shaft slides out. Your photo showing the splines also shows the bearing.

Yes, whole cover comes off. Its glued on with silicone, after cleanup & reseal with silicone & cover is bolted on. Then fill through rubber plug, to the quantity specified on the sticker (315cc I think).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha