lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
jwol
Not Yet Wild

Default Stealth Nighthawk 72V Will Not Move...

Owner replaced all batteries, main solenoid, and fwd/rev solenoids prior to it coming to me. Drove it a short piece before it started lurching and lost FWD. Reverse still worked so he backed it on the trailer and brought it to me.

When it first got here, it was fully charged, and operated how he described(obviously I can't get it off the trailer). However, when I pulled the seat, both the main solenoid and both directional solenoids were scalding hot. Looked down and showed battery pack at half charge. In the meantime here, I lost both directions. Obviously I cut the key off and recharged. It hasn't gotten hot again so obviously whatever shorted went ahead and let go or reset.

I show 75ish volts at the main solenoid input. Obviously correct. But I'm showing constant ~ 65 volts at the main solenoid output. Obviously this is wrong and likely indicative of a failed solenoid. The small ground tests good on all 3 solenoids and controller via continuity test. I presume the green wire coming from the MCOR is supposed to be the trigger, but I can't see where there is any voltage at all coming to it? I can trigger the forward and reverse solenoids correctly by applying voltage to that green wire. So MCOR or main solenoid? Or is there something else I'm missing?
jwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts