lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
Jgoff72
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt vs club car ds

This is my first post to the forum but I have gained a lot of knowledge thus far. I am looking for everyone’s opinion (I know it will be biased as this is the ezgo forum).

I currently have a 98 ezgo txt 36v series cart with a lift kit and 22” tires which works fine. I have an opportunity to buy a 01 club car ds 36v resistor coil cart that has been taken apart to do a solid state conversion for $100. The club car has a lift similar to what I have on my ezgo (height and quality). I plan to add a rear seat an upgrade to 48v no matter which cart i go with. What I want to know is which would be the better build as far as durability and speed/torque. It looks like I’d put similar money into both carts with a controller, solenoid, reverse contactor etc. the ezgo has a new 6-6v pack so I will likely do 8-6v whereas if I do the club car I may do 6-8v pack. I do prefer the looks of a club car, could I commit blasphemy and put my ezgo internals into the club car due to getting it so cheap?

Appreciate any and all opinions.
Jgoff72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo txt vs club car ds

I would strongly advise against trying to combine the two. It'll be a lot more work if you do that.

Either cart is a very solid platform to build on. Since you prefer the looks of the CC, I would go with it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:15 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I would strongly advise against trying to combine the two. It'll be a lot more work if you do that.

Either cart is a very solid platform to build on. Since you prefer the looks of the CC, I would go with it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

As an offroad machine, I'd stick with the ezgo. I've seen lots of cracked welds on lifted DS carts. It makes the cart so "floppy", the body pops out of the channels it lives in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
Crazylegs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Build out both and sell one
Crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:05 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs View Post
Build out both and sell one
I suppose an interesting prospect, if it were that simple. Building a "decent" flip cart is far less profitable than a "cheap" flip one. And all the "cheap" gets fixed by the next guy, (who didnt listen, or didnt know they were getting screwed), who got to pay for their "cheapest deal in town" later when they found out the "cheapest parts around" were used. (A symptom I'm getting less willing to fix). Aweful bored of "how do I fix the..." the cheapest junk around. I don't know, maybe buy "not garbage".

When you buy the "cheap aftermarket junk", there will be no good diagrams later for you (since they poorly copied each other). And getting individual parts, cause that'll save you money, all a big fat NOPE!
Old 06-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I suppose an interesting prospect, if it were that simple. Building a "decent" flip cart is far less profitable than a "cheap" flip one. And all the "cheap" gets fixed by the next guy, (who didnt listen, or didnt know they were getting screwed), who got to pay for their "cheapest deal in town" later when they found out the "cheapest parts around" were used. (A symptom I'm getting less willing to fix). Aweful bored of "how do I fix the..." the cheapest junk around. I don't know, maybe buy "not garbage".

When you buy the "cheap aftermarket junk", there will be no good diagrams later for you (since they poorly copied each other). And getting individual parts, cause that'll save you money, all a big fat NOPE!
And you know better than I do CG. Nobody is willing to PAY for quality anymore.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:16 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
And you know better than I do CG. Nobody is willing to PAY for quality anymore.
Until they bought garbage a time or two. (Or three). . Nothing worse than spending money to do it again, and again, and again.

That's why some parts should not be substituted. (And we try to make sure people know "dont buy that" for the junk stuff)
Old 06-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #9
Jgoff72
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the insight. I contemplated building both but by the time I put the quality parts in either one they won’t be worth much more than what I got in them. Obviously if I sell the working ezgo it gives me a bigger budget on the club car. From what I’ve read the ezgo will be a true work horse when it’s fully upgraded. Whereas, if I did a solid state conversion on the club car will it be just as good performance wise? That I don’t know.
Jgoff72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yes, either cart will be a workhorse with a controller, motor, and cables.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO