lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Trfollis
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Yamaha 48v wont go new solenoid and new batteries.

Hello everyone, thanks for allowing me in. I have a 2003 Yamaha 48v cart I picked up the other day that had not moved in a year and had bad batteries. I brought it home and after getting some new batteries and switching them in and unfortunately, it would not go. I checked and have 48.4v across the battery series, so I checked the coil on the solenoid and there was no continuity on the small terminals. being I figured since there was no continuity across the solenoid wrapping, I ordered a new one and put it in and wired it up correctly. the system will energize (the rev tone sounds when in reverse, i hear a click about 3 seconds after connecting the mail wires to the battery terminals without the pedal pressed) and when i press on the gas pedal, i can hear the high pitched sound it should make when sending power to the motor but it will not move and then after about 2 seconds the high pitch goes away and the system is no longer energized (rev tone no longer sounds in reverse, etc.). you can press the pedal all you want and no more sound, etc. I am wondering where to look next, either the motor or the speed controller or am i missing something. I did test this new coil after it not solving my problem and also noted there was no continuity across the small terminals as well just like the one that was in the cart to begin with. I am worried something is either grounded or shorting the system and messing up these coils and I don't want to install another one without seeking some guidance from you fine people. Something to note is that when I was first hooking up the batteries and connecting them, the side of my arm touched the metal supports on the underside of the seat and I was getting shocked. I was wondering if I may have some ground issues or where to go next and any tips and trick to help in my hunt to make this cart work. This is my first Yamaha cart and my first 48v for that matter (just sold my 36v EZGO TXT a few days before). I appreciate any and all help you might be able to give me. Thanks in advance.
Trfollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 Yamaha 48v wont go new solenoid and new batteries.

It's probably got a bad motor. But, really, stop disconnecting & reconnecting the batteries with the Tow/run switch in Run, it's bad to do that. I'm betting your solenoid is not the problem. The cart cant fry the solenoid coil.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha