lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
Esteban_Escobar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool New batteries never reach full charge

I bought an old, beat up 1993 EZGO Marathon as a project cart. After repairing the frame and replacing the wheels, the next step was new batteries. I bought a MODZ Max36 15 amp battery charger and 6 new batteries. I installed the batteries and plugged in the charger this morning, and after 7 hours the yellow light was still blinking. For those of you unfamiliar with the MODZ charger, a blinking yellow light means the battery is above 80% but not fully charged. Once the batteries are fully charged the blinking yellow light changes to a solid green light.

I called the store where I bought the batteries and they confirmed that the batteries were at 95% charge when I bought them.

So why, after 7 hours on the charger, is it not showing fully charged?
Esteban_Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2020, 01:55 AM   #2
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New batteries never reach full charge

Man I bought one of those from Amazon and the same thing happened. The Modz charges at a 15 amp trickle. After 20 hours I never got a green light. You need to return that thing and get a Lester Summit ll charger@22-25 amps. Just sayin'.
Red Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:20 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, any place that says "these new batteries fresh off the pallet are at 95%" is a crock. They never show up on the new pallet at 95%. Maybe 80% at best. They're "blowing smoke up your a**" to save face. And, I'm also not sold on those modz chargers either, just another "Johnny-come-lately" box with a fancy looking label. (From the big rock candy mountain, if you know where that place is).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
Esteban_Escobar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I submitted a return request thru Golf Cart King and they sent me a prepaid label within the hour. I'll be sending the MODZ charger back and buying the Lester Summit II.
Esteban_Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Seen two MODZ chargers come in with carts a customer purchased online brand new...BOTH were the issue. Not a fan...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #6
rib33024

And it can take up to 12 hours to charge your new batteries. Did you check your new battery pack volts before you put them on the charger?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
And it can take up to 12 hours to charge your new batteries. Did you check your new battery pack volts before you put them on the charger?
I second that. Regardless of the charger - rely on the voltage, not the time. Keep in mind that many O.E. chargers also run in the 15 to 18 amp range, so that is not a problem in itself.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO