lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Default Pop under seat smells like rotten eggs

I just got done putting a 1991 club car 36v with the resistor coils. Charged the batteries and was getting around 39 volts. Tried to drive it and it wouldn’t go up my drive way. I backed back to my garage and it made a loud pop under the seat and it kinda smells like rotten eggs/ battery acid mix. There’s no acid coming out of batteries anywhere. Know it still moves but no power and if I move it just a few feet it has that smell. I get a big voltage drop also when I push the pedal. Is this pretty much a indication that I need batteries? I’m sure it is but has anyone else had that happen and get that weird smell? Thanks
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pop under seat smells like rotten eggs

That sulphur smell does indicate batteries, but check your voltages again - whole pack & individually.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Pop under seat smells like rotten eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans200583 View Post
I just got done putting a 1991 club car 36v with the resistor coils. Charged the batteries and was getting around 39 volts. Tried to drive it and it wouldn’t go up my drive way. I backed back to my garage and it made a loud pop under the seat and it kinda smells like rotten eggs/ battery acid mix. There’s no acid coming out of batteries anywhere. Know it still moves but no power and if I move it just a few feet it has that smell. I get a big voltage drop also when I push the pedal. Is this pretty much a indication that I need batteries? I’m sure it is but has anyone else had that happen and get that weird smell? Thanks
You just got done putting what?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car