lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Did Some Upgrades This Weekend!!

Over the last few weeks I've been collecting parts to do some upgrades I've been wanting to do since getting the cart this past November and last week I finally decided to dive into it since it was going to be cold all week we weren't going to be riding it anyways.

I started off by removing the front clip and taking measurements of the factory "dash" to cut out a piece of 1/4" plastic that fit under the clam shell. I did this so the area I would be installing all the electrical components on would be flat. I even made it so its completely removable. Got the voltage reducer, fuse block and relays mounted and then came the "fun" part of wiring everything. I am a huge fan of TechFlex Sleeving so it took a lot of time to slide it over each wire and heat shrink both ends. It started out really neat and clean but as you can see having so many wires in such a small area clutters it up rather quickly. All in all I'm happy with the way it turned out even though I would have liked it to be a cleaner install but after putting the clam shell, front clip and dash board in it will never be seen again

After making all the wires I started drilling holes in the dash board for the switches, voltage meter and floor board lighting. Installed everything including the Bluetooth receiver and speakers. Then I moved onto the light wiring. I didn't like all the unnecessary wires that come with the light kit harness, I understand the wires are there to easily install the street legal light kit but knowing i would never be installing that i decided to rip out the entire harness making my own. In doing so i was able to wire the lights so they would operate the way i wanted them to and at the same time i upgraded all the connectors to Delphi connectors.

The only things I haven't gotten around to installing yet is the underbody lights and rear facing lights. What I did do was install pigtails with Delphi connectors off the relays and ran them to under the clam shell so once i do install the lights i wont have to remove the whole front end to connect them. Yesterday was the first time riding the cart since doing the upgrades. Got tons of compliments from people around the neighborhood which was great to hear after spending so much time on this project.

Anyways onto the important part.......pictures!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart1.jpg (196.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart2.jpg (159.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart3.jpg (336.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart4.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Did Some Upgrades This Weekend!!

If anybody is interested here is the wiring diagram i used. I did change it up some. The diagram shows the radio having its own switch and all the running lights are turned on by the key switch but i decided to put all the running lights onto there own switch and not to install the radio on a switch because it has its own power button.

Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart5.jpg (123.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart6.jpg (184.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart7.jpg (237.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart8.jpg (88.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That's some nice work. I really love the look of the front end too.
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:29 PM   #4
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post
That's some nice work. I really love the look of the front end too.
Thanks! Its crazy how making the lights work differently how they were intended to and added a few tiny grill lights changes the entire look of the front end. I did spend a few mins today looking for nice looking replacement bumpers without going to a full on offroad bumper and all i can find is the bumper with the headlight on the top of it. Just not a fan of how i think it would look with the Alpha frontend.

Wayne
Old 02-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Nice clean work. What kind of braided looking wires are those?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Nice clean work. What kind of braided looking wires are those?
Thanks!

Its a protective sleeve that you slide the wire through. It comes in many different colors and sizes. I use two different brands, which ever i can find cheaper. One is called TechFlex and the other is called AlexTech. You can find it on Amazon or eBay.

Wayne
Old 02-08-2021, 03:02 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

nice work , but dammmmm those pics are way to big
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car