lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2015 EZgo 48v sluggish feeling.

Hey gang, I use my cart occasionally through the winter. I also go out during the winter and unplug/replug it in to top off. I also have read where the batteries will not produce full power when it's cold out. We've had off and on springish weather here lately but today it's warm. My cart is definitely lacking in speed and power today, might hit 8-10mph but certainly not as fast as it normally is. ( all stock). I've checked all the battery terminals and they're all clean and tight but haven't went any further. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what else I can check. Maybe solinoid?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2015 EZgo 48v sluggish feeling.

Check your tire pressure and recharge your pack a few times. Unlikely that the solenoid would cause this.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #3
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah my tire pressure is right, we use it around the property so I always keep them aired down some. But they're the same as they have been.
I keep the batteries cycled..?? Through the winter if we haven't used it in a while. It doesn't seem to drop too low on acceleration, the pack charges up to 52 56ish at full, then drops maybe to 47 48ish under a hard pull.
I haven't checked each battery so far this spring but the connections are tight and clean and I've always kept them watered since new.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:09 PM   #4
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The inertia switch?? Does make it jerk when it rains. It's dry currently and not jerking, wasn't sure if maybe it would need a good cleaning.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Doesn’t have an inertia switch. ITS in the floor can act strange if it gets soaked and it is bad. May need to open that box and look for water.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #6
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Doesn’t have an inertia switch. ITS in the floor can act strange if it gets soaked and it is bad. May need to open that box and look for water.
Yeah, ITS is what I meant.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:08 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Something to remember about these warm spring days, the batteries have a huge thermal mass, so the temperature to use when estimating storage and performance loss, is the low reached during the previous night.

Also, check the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals while driving cart. The battery pack was dropping down to about 47V, but is there more loss between battery pack and controller?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #8
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Something to remember about these warm spring days, the batteries have a huge thermal mass, so the temperature to use when estimating storage and performance loss, is the low reached during the previous night.

Also, check the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals while driving cart. The battery pack was dropping down to about 47V, but is there more loss between battery pack and controller?
Thanks guys, so far I've just been going off the V meter I installed. Trying to get a few ideas together on some troubleshooting.
And yep, it did get pretty cold here last night so I may just need to give it a little more time.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #9
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Back to this today. The ITS sensor, is it a case where it's either good or bad? If it works it works? Or can it be a going bad situation and cause a performance loss?
Any other ideas about the cart going slower than it should be /was before. It's always ran a strong 17/18 mph, now it will only go 10 mph. I appreciate the help, I've been down with my back for a few weeks now but hope to do some troubleshooting on it. We have a weekend beach trip coming up and I'd like to get it straightened out. The pack charges fully and seems to hold pretty strong according to the dvm on the dash (from scottie b). Thanks

Old 04-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Your cart is only going at about half the speed it used to ( 8-10 MPH vs 17-18 MPH), which most likely means the armature is only getting about half the voltage it used to. (There is another reason or two how this could happen, but they are hard to troubleshoot, so let's do the easy stuff first.)

The battery pack voltage under load seems to be fairly normal, so we need to find out if the pack voltage is getting to the controller and if it is, then if it is getting to the armature through the controller, and if it isn't, is the controller being told to pass all the voltage (ITS throttle).

Like I mentioned earlier, Measure the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals while driving cart. The battery pack was dropping to 47V, so the voltage between the B- and B+ terminals ought to have 47V also.

If it does, measure the voltage between the controller's M- and B+ terminals. It ought to start at zero volts and go up to whatever the voltage between the B- to B+ terminals is.

If it doesn't check the ITS (throttle) voltage to the controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO