lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
hawaiidragracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO RXV intermittent FWD and REV. Bad Solenoid?

My 2014 EZGO RXV will sometimes not go forward or reverse when I select on the key switch. I hear something click when I select FWD, N, or REV on the key, but then step on the gas and nothing. I turn the key switch back off and on again, and after a few times of doing this, it will move when I step on the gas pedal. The problem is intermittent. Is it my solenoid going bad? or what could it be? every time, I hear a click when I move the key switch, but then sometimes it moves and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what the click sound is. maybe the motor brake releasing or solenoid. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
hawaiidragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 02:06 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO RXV intermittent FWD and REV. Bad Solenoid?

Could be a brake failure, could just be the pedals are not returning to 0%, could be the solenoid beginning to fail. Look closely at the 2 large terminals on the solenoid, if its failing, the one with the red cable on it usually has a "bubbled look" where the terminal meets the black plastic of the solenoid. Feel free to post a pic of that if you want (close up).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:15 AM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've seen a failing solenoid act similar to that. It would click and engage but would almost immediately drop back out. Another case in need of a Curtis analyzer.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Make sure all of the clicking is done before you hit the gas pedal. Turning the key switch on starts a Power On Self Test that takes 3 seconds or so. If you hit the gas too soon, you have to turn it off and start over.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #5
Threeput
Gone Wild

Make sure the electric plug connecting to the brake terminals are connecting...if the cart does not respond when pressing pedal..wiggle the plug.. if that is the problem you should hear click as the brake comes off...I had an intermittent bad connection there...I removed the plug...pushed the contacts in the plug in a little...no more problems for months now
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO