lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
SDKet
Not Yet Wild

Default Oversized tires rubbing leaf springs

Based on the description of an online retailer, I picked the largest all terrain tire possible that did not require the cart to be lifted. The Excel ATX 20x10-12 all-terrain tire fits my 2011 EZGO TXT 48V but rubs on the front leaf spring when I make a sharp turn in either direction. The product description clearly indicates, “ No lift required” on EZGO.

Is the sellers description just a flat out lie? (They have not responded to my request for help). Do I, in fact need to install a lift kit for 20 inch tires? Will a lift kit solve the problem? Is there another remedy?
SDKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2021, 05:20 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oversized tires rubbing leaf springs

Sometimes a problem on street cars as well, a steering lock limiter could be a solution?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:51 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

probably has the wrong offset on the wheels. You could install wheel spacers to move it out a little.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
SDKet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
probably has the wrong offset on the wheels. You could install wheel spacers to move it out a little.
Thanks for the tip. I installed 1 inch spacers front and rear and that has helped somewhat. The front tires no longer rub on the leaf springs but the body, both front and rear, still scrapes on the tires on steep hills.
I will probably add a lift kit, which I was trying to avoid. If I’d have known this I’d have gotten bigger all terrain tires and a lift kit in the first place.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
SDKet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKet View Post
Thanks for the tip. I installed 1 inch spacers front and rear and that has helped somewhat. The front tires no longer rub on the leaf springs but the body, both front and rear, still scrapes on the tires on steep hills.
I will probably add a lift kit, which I was trying to avoid. If I’d have known this I’d have gotten bigger all terrain tires and a lift kit in the first place.
Interestingly, the online retailer, one who is frequently mentioned on this forum, never responded to my question and they failed to publish my review, which was less than favorable.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO