lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Thinking of going to the Dark Side. Limo Cart

Got my eye on a 48v EZGO Limo Shuttle.

Never owned one or even driven one. Anything I should know when looking it over pre-purchase?

It should only get used on paved streets in the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thinking of going to the Dark Side. Limo Cart

Nice looking cart!

I'd check the frame for rust, not just the battery tray which does often rust out due to the acidic vapors from the batteries.

I'd check how it runs and drives, just see if there's any odd noises or vibrations that seem abnormal. It's not going to be as smooth as a car but it should behave similarly to any regular length cart in regards to how it sounds or feels.

Normally you should assume the batteries need replacing when considering a used cart.

The tires look like they are probably the high pressure type. But check to see if they are low pressure tires. On that limo you'll likely want the pressure to be 18 to 22psi, depending on what feel you like. but if the tires are limited to 12psi (lawn mower/atv tires) then you will have performance issues.

The front end has probably never been greased, so there is likely to be some play. So I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker but you may use it as a negotiation point if you think it's the steering box.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO