lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
rocktownguy364
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default yamaha noobie

Hi erveryone

New to yamaha and so far i love it. i recently acuired a stretch limo cart that holds 8 with the back seat kit but i took mine off so technically its a 6 seater and im tryin to get as much power out of it as i can..recently purchased the carb jet the good air filter and a clutch spring and i have read the govenor manipulations which im seriously considerting..any other tips to maximize power out of my cart..im concerned if i have 6 people on it i wont have enough power to go up a semi steep hill at the campground i go to . also whats the differences in all the color springs and which is best for me to use..i think the one i have coming is orange and got it from everything carts before i stumbled onto this forum and seen all the choices from plowmans..and is just the spring good or do i need the clutch wheel assembly as well... thanks in advance for any tips and advice you can give me

steven
rocktownguy364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha noobie

You might want the cut secondary sheave, it gives a little lower gear that way you wont get stuck on a hill as bad...if you do. If its lifted I assume, keep a new belt on it they work best. If it gets close to 1" its junk, but will work to 1" on a stock cart. You can tighten the tension cable for more low end but too much kills speed, its below the starter pulley on a G9 if thats what you have. Otherwise make sure the mounts are good so the engine can't torque towards the trans under load. Clean and lube both clutches, nobody does it and its not that hard, but they shift better then. It will have less power if the clutches are not working right. Crank the governor bolt/nut all the way in, if you want more depends on the cart a G9 you can disable it if no kids ride it, others you can change the ignitor or have to be careful not to hit the rev limit a G9 does not have.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
rocktownguy364
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha noobie

cool ill go over all of that and check my belts and clutches extensively...i dont have it lifted and was told by a local cart guy with what im trying to do not to lift it im going with 12 inch rims with low profile tires so no need in lifting it from what im told..oh i should have mentioned i have a 2005 g22 limo it has 3 bench seats for 6 passengers and the back seat that was on the back i took off was also told not to do the govenor by pass not really out for a lot of speed as it is a limo cart just want to be able to have decent torgue and not bog out on a hill passengers or not if anyone has any tips on how to build custom bodies that would be awesome as i really want to do a custom body to complement it as a limo like a caddy body or something cool. also im lookin for specific rims if anyone has any leads on wheels i guess they discontinued them a year ago they were carried by redhawk and they called em daytona super silver. to get an idea of what they look like google Polo "cluster" id get them but they only do 18 and 20 inch rims...thanks eryone
rocktownguy364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha