lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
DirtDiggler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Need a little help- Again G1 Throttle Adjustment

The answer is probably already on here but I havent been able to find it: At slow speeds, my 1981 G1 cuts on and off- almost like the key is being turned on and off. I played with the carb linkage but if anything it might be worse. Push the accelerator down a little further and the problem goes away. What needs to be adjusted and how? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by DirtDiggler; 08-16-2010 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: typo
DirtDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Need a little help- Again G1 Throttle Adjustment

I would start by checking the switch under the gas pedal.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
DirtDiggler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks- that was it. I knew there was a switch there but didnt realize it was adjustable. Screwed it all the way up and it will run at VERY low speed now if needed.
DirtDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Those are supposed to be set so that the engine starts when the pedal switch is activated, and they idle just faster than the generator turns them over. When you move the pedal more the throttle opens and it moves the cart. I usually set about 1" of pedal travel at the top of the pedal from running to opening the throttle. Make sure the throttle is all the way open when its on the floor. The cable is adjustable at the pedal. With some G9 you have to take the pedal off and move a spline to get open throttle, but don't move it way up if the pedal is too high its uncomfortable.

Another thing with G1, is take the carb out of the rubber boot on the engine and clean the carb and inside the boot. It gets oily and someone messes with it, next thing the carb turns in the boot and it screws the throttle linkage up. The carb has to stay straight in the rubber.

What likely happened is someone adjusted the carb cable way up looking for more speed. They had it so the carb was opening when the switch was activated, not after.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha