lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
69Cobra
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 Torque Kit

Just wondering if anybody has made their own by just changing to a higher pressure spring? Could be dumb question as you see I'm a newbie.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Torque Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Cobra View Post
Just wondering if anybody has made their own by just changing to a higher pressure spring? Could be dumb question as you see I'm a newbie.
No dumb questions here. Factory setting would be (B4) for your cart. The Yamaha G11's and umax's used a longer spring witch would give more "preload", not as "stiff" as aftermarket torque springs, but does make a differance.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
69Cobra
Not Yet Wild

So if I order a torque kit for my G9 what would I get, just a stiffer spring?
Old 10-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can get it different ways. Spring only,spring and spacer and sleeves and spring and spacer. I would recommend get the complete kit with new sleeves ,spring and spacer. The g-9 original sliding sleeve did not come with a grease fitting, a new one will. As far as build your own spring i would the the time it would take to get the correct spring rate would be alot more than the cost of buying one. If it is not correct the motor can rev higher. Plowman's has designed several different springs rates depending on you application and use. Carts Parts Plus and other site sponsors has the Jakes white spring.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
69Cobra
Not Yet Wild

What brand would you recommend me get to tow my heavy racecar around at the track?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would call Don at Plowmans and tell him what you have and want to do with the cart and he will tell you which spring to get. I would recommend the new clutch sleeves if yours have never been replaced. Here's the link for the complete kit.
http://www.plowmanscarts.com/hp_clutch-kits.html
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
69Cobra
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Craig,
I'll give him a call.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sheave not sleeve The cut sheave will give a lower low gear, great for towing. I like factory springs but that is just me. The big springs are some work to get in, you need a spacer behind the clutch as they will often break the snapring off the shaft. Best to get a new nut also. Also make sure your belt is newish, if it gets worn down to 1" it will dog out of the hole more. Lube the clutches too. Make sure if it has a tension cable under the stater pulley its tight enough that helps holeshot and towing, too much and it cuts top speed though.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha