lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
rohnsherd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95' ez go txt\medalist VERY SLOW to accelerate!!!

I bought a 95' ez go txt medalist that ran well. It had old trojan batteries that I knew needed to be replaced. After about 2 weeks of having the cart run fine all of a sudden it was super slow to accelerate. At one point not going at all! So I assumed it needed new batteries(which I know it did). Well I finally rounded up the money to put a new set of batteries. The cables in the cart are kind of mis matched as well so I know those could be replaced. But I am concerned that that isn't the only problem. The ITS and solenoid appears to have been recently changed(all nice and silver and new looking). What do you all think could be the problem? Diagnosis procedures that you suggest doing? I am not a mechanic by any means but I do have a meter and with proper direction can follow procedures. Since I have changed the batteries I have drove it twice with the same symptoms. It will start with very very slow acceleration and then eventually reach what I expect to be top speed. The pack charge is 38.6v and each battery is testing right about at 6.29v give or take .05v's. I would appreciate any help you could give. THANKS!!
rohnsherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95' ez go txt\medalist VERY SLOW to accelerate!!!

3 things come to mind. Since you said the ITS has been replaced, I would check and make sure the plunger comes flush to the end of the coil when the pedal is depressed fully. If it doesn't you won't get full power to the motor.
Next, if you have a half speed reverse, make sure the micro switch disengages when the F-R selector is in forward.
Finally, check all of your cables to the controller, F-R switch, and motor for burned or corroded connections. This should give you somewhere to start!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
rohnsherd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked and I had a loose connection on the motor but that didnt fix the problem. The ITS seems to be working properly. The only thing I can think to do is replace the cables and the f/r switch and see if that fixes it. It is just odd to me that one day it was working fin and the next it was totally different. If it sits on any incline, it will NOT go forward! Any resistance at all and it wont roll
rohnsherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Your cart is either a Medalist or a TXT.
Metal body = Medalist
Plastic body = TXT
Plug your serial number in here and it'll tell you what it is.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

New batteries oughty to be fully charged before first use and then broken in properly to obtain maximum storage capacity.
Here is the procedure: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
While there, read everything with the word "Battery" in the title. Lots of good info that will $ave you some money.

If you haven't already, download the Owner, the Service and the Parts manuals for the Stickies above. (The *.pdf files)
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

----------------

The individual battery voltages don't add up to the battery pack voltage, which is typical due to rounding and/or bad cables, but with bad cables the sum of battery voltages is higher than the pack voltage, which is the opposite of the numbers posted. (6.29 + .05 = 6.34 and 6.34 x 6 = 38.04 for the sum, while the pack is 38.6 ...... the actual difference will be greater since not all batteries were 6.34V)

--------------

Quick way to check ITS and controller:
Measure from B- to M- on controller.
Should be Battery pack voltage when solenoid clicks and drop to nearly zero (IE: <0.5V) when pedal is pushed to floor.

--------------

Check the temperature of cables and components after driving a few minutes.
Anything that is hot is suspect.
Anything that is too hot to hold is bad.

Hope this helps
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know this seems odd but can you easily push the cart? Just thinking one of the brakes could be hanging up.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO