lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1990 Kawasaki FZ 340 Extremely cold blooded. Is this normal?

Just bought a 90 club car, my first cart. It is the most cold blooded vehicle I've ever seen. I tuned it up and once it starts seems to run fine, on a 40-50 degree morning though it takes 10-15 minutes to fire up and run. Is this normal? If not what should I be looking for?
HuskerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Kawasaki FZ 340 Extremely cold blooded. Is this normal?

I'd pop the spark plug out after cranking the motor unsuccessfully. See if it's wet with fuel. If it is, could be your coil on it's last leg, maybe producing a weak spark when cold. Hook the spark plug body to ground with an alligator clip and try cranking it again, and watch the plug contacts to make sure the plug is sparking.

If it does end up being your coil (which is pretty common), there's a guy selling a brand new one in the parts section right now I think for around $80. Coils for the 1984-1991 carts aren't sold new anymore.

Does it have the complete air box and filter assembly installed on it?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Everything is original as far as I can tell. I changed the spark plug, air filter, fuel filter and oil. Filled the tank with fresh gas and sea foam. It was 40ish here this morning and it took about 10 mins of turning over to get it to fire and stay running. The coil and spark plug wire are all one unit and I thought buggies unlimited had them on their website for $100 or so but I could be mistaken.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Come to think of it, you're right, they do sell a coil, for the 1990-91 carts. I don't know what the difference is between that and the coil used from 1984-89. They all have the same motor.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I've been told hard starting could also be a sign of needing rebuilt. I'm going to check te compression tomorrow. If I've been told correctly anything over 100 lbs is acceptable. Rebuild kits are ridiculous for these engines so I may be looking at a clone motor swap worst case scenario. If that's the case I will have alot more questions lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car