lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
33Posse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Pionner 1200 Bad Motor KE400

As you can see by my post count I am new. I am considering trading some unused tools for a 2002 Club Car Pioneer 1200 with a bad motor. My understanding is it was run with low oil and cooked the motor. The motor on it allegedly is a Kawaski KE400. I haven't seen the machine yet. If this is the case can someone direct me to an economical swap? I have been reading the big block threads and those look awesome but I am looking to be into a direct replacement as cheap as I can. Am I looking for cw or a ccw rotation?
Thanks, and I'll get my fire suit on now.
33Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Pionner 1200 Bad Motor KE400

"fire suit"!

Welcome to BGW 33!

First off... your 2002 is Clockwise! and the FE400 (13.5 hp) is a great engine! All aftermarket engines are counter clockwise... but, it's still doable!
IF... the block doesn't have a hole in it, and it's just froze up, it may be better (and cheaper) to rebuild it then to replace it!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
33Posse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lockman thanks for the reply and confirming the clockwise rotation. Trolling the web I understand that clockwise rotations are right up there with finding Jimmy Hoffa. I like the concept of just rebuilding the engine thats is providing the blocks not crack, best case scenerio. Am I crazy to think that finding an new rod and piston for this will be possible? Because with my limited knowledge I would want the block bored?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

There are rebuild kits available, but before anyone goes searching for them,
Ya' just might want to find out if the block is good first!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
33Posse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lockman,
Thanks for the follow up. It's killing me that this thing is 2 hours away and I am waiting on the guy to trailer it to my house and I can get into it. My wife has purchased a lake property which we get on June 7th, and it would be nice to have this running to use at the vacation home. I would also say that it would fun to give the neighbors a bit of stir if this was in my garage at home as well.
Wont get the cart before the horse yet however until I get an actual visual on the block.

Thanks again.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It sure would be nice if the trader would give you some sort of an inclination (via phone or e-mail) of what shape the engine is in BEFORE he drives 2 hours!
Depending on what your tools are worth, I'm guessing that the cart is worth somewhere around $1800 with a bad block,
a little more with a rebuildable block! (of coarse, depending on how good, or rough the overall cart is in)

If, by chance, your tools are worth less then that, I'd nab it!

It's your call!

Old 05-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
33Posse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lockman,
This is a challenging situtation because I am trying to bargin with a tool thats valued at about 1/4 of the mentioned number in your post. The coworker who proposed this to me said yesterday that he was working on the "ol' man" because he needs the no working stuff out of the shop. Obviously I don't have the leverage here so I am trying to wait it out. I am sure the ol man will come around but he gets these attachments to "his" stuff. I reassured them yesterday I would give them first refusal to buy it back once it was running should I chose to part ways with it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car