lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
streeb42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: cart won't start

Well, I still don't exactly know what is wrong, but I have a good idea what may have caused it. I took off the starter/generator to try up track down the wires that connect to the coil and started seeing shreds of paper sticking out from behind the metal that covers sections of the motor. There is a humongous mouse nest in my KF82! I finally gave up tonight.

I think that I may on the right track now. Thanks for all the help!
streeb42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Hopefully the mouse just gnawed through a wire and you can easily splice it back.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
streeb42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Springbok!

How difficult is it to get that flywheel off to get to the exciter?

Everything on that Kawasaki motor is metric, but I put a 1-1/8 wrench on the nut that holds it on (nothing metric big enough in my tool box) and it seemed to work, but I don't want to strip it.

The motor is still mounted and the rear body is still on, should I be able to get this done like that?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I've never taken a flywheel off while the motor is in the cart. But that's not to say it can't be done. I used a 3-bolt, thread-in puller to pop mine off while the motor was on the bench. It popped off easily. If you can get the puller in there you should be able to do it.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
streeb42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any tips for securing the flywheel to remove the nut? I broke one of the fins on it when I wedged a screwdriver in them to secure it to the frame. Will be pulling the motor.

Also, is this going to problem with the broken fin?

Would I be just as well to put one of the $349 Harbor Freight 420cc Predator motors in it? Looks like that is a common replacement used on this forum. I know that opens up a whole lot of questions and issues, but it is so hard to find stuff for the KF82. the guy that was going to get the exciter said he didn't have one when he went looking.

I have a summer camp for foster kids to direct in July and no buggy to get around in now!

Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

When I removed my flywheel, the motor was on the table, and a quick rap of the impact gun on the puller center bolt was all it took to pop it off. I wouldn't worry too much about the broken fin if it's just a small piece. How heavy is the piece that broke off? If it has some weight to it you may want to break off a fin on the opposite side just to balance it out. I do have two good KF82 flywheels in my basement if you decide you want to replace it though.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
streeb42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks,

I pulled the engine on Friday and got an impact wrench to get it off--reverse threads! There was a lot of debris behind it from the nest. Took off the excitor and cleaned them as well as the flywheel and the magnets. It is getting a small spark now when turned.

I am waiting on a new head gasket now. Anyone know if there is pattern to torquing these down?

Hopefully I will have everything together this weekend. Say a prayer, my summer camp is just four weeks away!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I don't know of a pattern, just torque them down evenly. Here's all the torque specs:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...que-specs.html
Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #19
streeb42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I pulled the engine. Cleaned out all the debris from behind the flywheel. Before putting buying an exciter, I turned the flywheel with a torque wrench and was getting a nice spark, so I didn't replace it.

Turned it over once I had enough stuff back to do that and she fired up.

However, after putting everything back together, no spark again!

About to give up!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

I might be way off but check this thread out about no spark when boot is attached to a spark plug.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=81865
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car